Are you looking for a career with The Jockey Club?
We employ more than 500 people at locations around the UK across a diverse range of roles, including management, sales, marketing, finance, racecourse clerking, groundstaff, events management, operations, communications, human resources, estates management, race planning, stud technicians, welfare officers and administration.
We seek to recruit, develop and promote the best people, investing in their training and development, and are proud to hold Investors in People accreditation.
As an equal opportunities employer we want everyone who embarks on a career with The Jockey Club to reach their full potential.
We seek talented people who would relish working within a Group that places high value in excellence, commitment, collaboration and a prosperous and sustainable future for British horseracing.
As part of our commitment to diversity and equal opportunities we ask you to click here to complete our application form and equal opportunities questionnaire. Please submit this with your application to be considered for the role you are applying for.
Security Guard based at Haydock Park Racecourse
We have a vacancy for a Security Guard to join the team at Haydock Park Racecourse. You will undertake a range of duties in support of the security requirements for the racecourse.
To be successful in this role you will:
• ideally have knowledge of alarm, fire and CCTV systems and experience of operating these
• be thorough and methodical
• be reliable and able to work to a 24 hour shift pattern
• have the ability to contribute well within a small team
• be capable of working alone and use your own initiative
• have a valid driving licence
This is an exciting time to join the Jockey Club Group. If you would like to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9th October 2015
Assistant Box Office Manager based in Epsom
This is an important role that will oversee and review all existing ticketing and membership processes. You will be working to constantly streamline and develop our processes whilst liaising with the marketing, finance and operations teams to create best practice. We are looking for someone to take a hands on approach to this area of the business and capitalise on every opportunity. You will be expected to act as an ambassador for The Jockey Club at Racedays, exhibitions, open days; this will involve occasional out of hours working.
The successful person will:
• Have a good Bachelors degree
• Evidence of the ability to collate and analyse data and make recommendations
• Demonstrate the capacity to understand the systems and processes and then to troubleshoot/make improvements
• Be a confident self starter with a creative approach
• Have basic understanding of the Sales and Marketing roles
• Have the ability to work both within a team and independently
• Have a desire to develop both themselves and the business
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have an interest in Racing
This is an exciting time to join the Jockey Club Group. If you would like to apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date to applications: 8th October 2015
Regional Racing Sales Manager based at Aintree Racecourse
The Regional Racing Sales Manager is responsible for the racing offering at three of our racecourses including Aintree, home of the iconic Crabbies Grand National, this role is a key player in The Jockey Club team.
The successful candidate will develop and manage sales activities to exceed financial targets for the North West region. They will also be required to lead the racing sales team in maximising business from both new and existing customers whilst ensuring we always deliver the best experience to all of our customers.
• have proven sales experience in a proactive sales environment
• be able to demonstrate how they have delivered and exceeded tough targets
• have experience of managing and developing a team
• have experience building effective relationships with both internal and external customers
• have the proven ability to exceed customer expectations
• have an innovative approach
This is an exciting time to join the Jockey Club Group. If you would like to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Please include your salary expectations and where you saw this vacancy.
Closing date to applications: Friday 9th October 2015
Accommodation & Catering Supervisor - The National Stud based in Newmarket
The National Stud is a Jockey Club company and alongside it’s commercial stud activities, it provides residential training courses for young people (between 16 and 35) in the thoroughbred breeding industry. The purpose built 24 room accommodation block has a catering kitchen and a current top hygiene rating.
The Accommodation and Catering Supervisor role is a full time permanent position within the Training Department at the Stud and would be responsible for providing supervision and catering for student cohorts. The role would include catering 5 days a week (with some weekend work on a rota basis) for a maximum of 24 students. The supervision of students would include some evening work. Full time students are resident for approximately 9 months a year. During the periods of non-occupancy a variety of short course catering and deep cleaning of facilities would be required.
Knowledge of catering for groups, ordering within budgets, accurate record keeping, facility management/cleaning and maintenance of H&S standards would also be expected, but training could be provided for the right person. The role is supported by an assistant and an experienced manager.
On top of the competitive salary, the post offers a package including a recently decorated 3 bed house on the National Stud site, with council tax and water rates paid.
• sound catering experience and food hygiene awareness (Level 2 Food Hygiene)
• knowledge of working with young people and a DBS check.
• ability to work within a small team with a "can-do" attitude to the jobs.
• a calm and responsible demeanour in dealing with changing situations
• catering and facility management: 3 years experience
• full driving licence
This is an exciting time to join the Jockey Club Group. If you would like to apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your salary expectations and where you saw this vacancy.
Closing date to applications: 9th October 2015
THE JOCKEY CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER