Are you looking for a career with The Jockey Club?
We employ more than 500 people at locations around the UK across a diverse range of roles, including management, sales, marketing, finance, racecourse clerking, groundstaff, events management, operations, communications, human resources, estates management, race planning, stud technicians, welfare officers and administration.
We seek to recruit, develop and promote the best people, investing in their training and development, and are proud to hold Investors in People accreditation.
As an equal opportunities employer we want everyone who embarks on a career with The Jockey Club to reach their full potential.
We seek talented people who would relish working within a Group that places high value in excellence, commitment, collaboration and a prosperous and sustainable future for British horseracing.
The Jockey Club is an enthusiastic supporter of the work carried out by the education charity Racing to School (formerly known as BHEST). We believe in nurturing the aspirations of future generations and Racing to School uses all of the sport’s variety and excitement to give over 10,000 young people each year a unique learning experience.
As part of our commitment to diversity and equal opportunities we ask you to click here to complete our equal opportunities questionnaire. Please submit this with your application to be considered for the role you are applying for.
Regional Business Development Executive (C&E) based at Sandown Park Racecourse
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Conference & Events Business Development Executive to join the team at Sandown Park Racecourse to dynamically drive sales within the London Region.
The successful candidate will possess proven proactive sales experience gained in a fast moving environment and have the hunger to achieve, drive and exceed stretching sales targets. You will be ready to take on the challenge of securing and maximising sales from existing customers and sourcing new sales opportunities.
Other skills and experience required are, but are not limited to:
• experience of being successful in a sales and target driven environment
• proven success in sales negotiation
• experience in new business development and account management
• excellent sales presentation skills
• evidence of your ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
Travel within the London Region will be required so it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence and has access to a vehicle.
This role will also involve working evenings and weekends to support Racing, Conference and Events as and when required.
If you think you have the drive and determination to succeed in this great opportunity please email your CV and covering letter along with equal opportunities form, which you can download here to firstname.lastname@example.org including your salary expectations and where you saw this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7th December 2017
Regional Customer Experience and Marketing Executive based at Haydock Park Racecourse
The Jockey Club are looking to recruit a Regional Customer Experience and Marketing Executive based at Haydock Park Racecourse.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Regional Marketing team to research and identify opportunities for an entertainment programme across the region’s racecourses. This will link with the Brand and maximise the experience customers have with us. The successful person will liaise with regional team members to ensure all marketing channels are utilised and track the success of promotions.
The successful person will:
• Have a practical understanding of events marketing, with a good working knowledge of managing, planning and execution of public events
• Have previous experience of working in an events marketing role
• Have experience in planning and managing budgets to deliver ROI
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to cope in a fast pace environment and excels in managing working relationships.
• Be creative and a confident team player with the ability to cope well in a changing environment.
If anyone is interested in the exciting opportunity please send your CV, covering letter and equal opportunities form which you can download here to email@example.com including your salary expectations and where you saw this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: 1st December 2017
Residential Property Manager based at Jockey Club Estates
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within The Jockey Club for a Residential Property Manager to join us. Based at the beautiful and historic Jockey Club Rooms in Newmarket, you will manage all aspects of the residential portfolio for Jockey Club Estates, Racing Welfare and The National Stud.
Under your management will be a portfolio of approximately 235 houses and non-residential properties, therefore it would be highly desirable that you are accredited by either the Association of Residential Managing Agents, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or the Chartered Institute of Housing.
It is essential that you have a strong working knowledge of current legislation surrounding residential management, including Health and Safety Compliance. You will possess experience of managing large portfolios of residential properties, including Block management. Previous people management experience will also be required as you will be responsible for the day to day management of a team of office and maintenance staff.
In addition to this, you must be highly organised, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office packages and have a professional “can do” attitude.
This will be a varied role and as such you will perform a wide range of duties including, but not limited to:
• ensuring that all properties are maintained to the highest standards, compliance responsibilities are upheld, and both tenant and landlord maintenance liabilities are met
• take responsibility for the tendering, negotiation and awarding of maintenance, service and refurbish contracts. Working with specialist consultants as and when appropriate
• management of contractors, budgets, maintenance programmes and legislative compliance
• creation and monitoring of long term maintenance plans and associated budgets.
• oversee spending against budget and rent arrears on a monthly basis, reporting to relevant departments accordingly
• maintain and update property records, collection of rents, instigation of rent reviews and renewals
• co-ordinate and undertake annual housing inspections
• assist with acquisition and disposal of properties
• provide residential and block management input to new developments
Travel across The Jockey Club Group may be required, with overnight stays possible. It is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving license, has access to a vehicle and is able to travel within the Group when required.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please email your covering letter, CV and Equal Opportunities form which you can download here to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please can you include salary expectations and where you saw this vacancy.
The closing date for this role is 30th November 2017
THE JOCKEY CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER