Jockey Club Catering (JCC), the joint venture between Jockey Club Racecourses (JCR), the UK’s largest racecourse group*, and Compass Group UK & Ireland, today won 12 of the total 19 awards available at the 2013 Piper-Heidsieck sponsored National Racecourse Catering Awards held at Ascot Racecourse.
JCC’s achievements include winning the main award – the prestigious Judges’ Catering Excellence Award for Haydock Park – as well as Best Fine Dining Experience for Equus at Sandown Park, Best Casual Dining Experience for Country Kitchen at Haydock Park, Best Bar for Camelot at the Investec Derby at Epsom Downs and regional awards for Newmarket, Haydock Park and Wincanton. The highest personal accolades of the awards – The Lifetime Achievement Award and Catering Personality of the Year 2013 – were awarded to Cheltenham Racecourse’s Carol Cole.
Andrew Latham, Managing Director of Jockey Club Catering,
“This is superb news and I’m extremely proud of the first-class efforts of our catering teams working hard for our customers throughout The Jockey Club. It’s a huge honour to achieve these results and long may they continue!
“We’re delighted that Haydock Park was singled out for the Judges’ Catering Excellence Award and so many of our courses were recognised, but I would like to make particular mention of Carol Cole. Her decades of commitment to the racing industry is legendary and she embodies our values to the full: excellence, getting the job done and going the extra mile for customers.”
The Jockey Club winners:
1. Judges’ Catering Excellence Award: Haydock Park
2. Best Fine Dining Award: Equus Restaurant at Sandown Park
3. Best Casual Dining Award: Country Kitchen at Haydock Park
4. Best Mobiles Award: Carlisle (and Hamilton Park), The Supreme Group
5. Best Bars Award: Camelot's Bar at Epsom Downs
6. Wine List Award: Sandown Park
7. Best Drinks Supplier Award: Molson Coors / Jockey Club Catering
8. Most Effective Brand Award: John Smith’s at Aintree
9. Lifetime Achievement Award: Carol Cole from Cheltenham Racecourse
10. North Regional Award: Haydock Park
11. Midlands/East Regional Award: Newmarket
12. West/Wales Regional Award: Wincanton