Being part of the Cheltenham and South West Horse Racing Syndicate has a host of benefits and exclusive opportunities. It's a unique membership offering exclusive trips to the trainers' yards, hospitality at The Cheltenham Festival, and admission into The Jockey Club South West courses for two years.
Mr. and Mrs. Avery have been part of the Syndicate since it began in 2016 and have given us an insight into Life as a Syndicate Member.
- When and why did you join the Cheltenham and South West Syndicate?
"We joined the first ever Jockey Club Cheltenham and South West Syndicate in October 2016. We saw it advertised in the Cheltenham membership newsletter offering a two year membership, admission to four racecourses (Cheltenham, Exeter, Warwick and Wincanton) and a share in three racehorses. We thought it was too good an opportunity to miss, and how right we were!
We receive regular updates via email and The Racing Manager app, from our Syndicate Manager Hannah Hawkins, and directly from our trainers. The regular horse updates include lots of photos and videos, which is lovely to see. We also get told immediately when the horses are being declared! Most recently, we enjoyed an online video call via Zoom with our syndicate ambassadors Ed Chamberlin, Adam Henson and Lee McKenzie. We were also introduced to our new trainer Harry Whittington. We are already looking forward to our next Zoom video call."
- What do you enjoy most about being Syndicate members?
"Throughout the years, we've had some amazing moments, such as regular stable yard visits to see our horses in training at home, with our trainers. It is so enjoyable to see our horses at the start of their racing career and to watch them progress and improve on the racetrack.
On the day of racing, it's so exciting having one of our horses running. We get to be in The Paddock as Owners with fellow syndicate members and celebrating together with a glass of champagne when they win! It's something we have had the real privilege of enjoying. When we have runners, we are lucky to enjoy lunches, dinners, or private boxes at the Racecourses too.
In 2019, we had the great privilege of presenting trophies on behalf of our Syndicate for our sponsored races at Wincanton and Exeter Racecourse, something we never dreamt we would ever do and are honoured to have the opportunity."
- Did you attend The Cheltenham Festival?
"Yes, we thoroughly enjoy the marvellous facility we have all four days of The Cheltenham Festival and are lucky to have the opportunity to bring any guests and meet the other Syndicate members. Over the past four years, we've made some wonderful friends from around the country, enjoying the shared interest in our horses and horse racing in general. We are really looking forward to the next two years of fun and adventures with Hesnotrouble trained by Kim Bailey, Diamond River trained by Nicky Henderson and new for 2020: Docpickedme trained by Harry Whittington."
Introducing our three syndicate horses
- Three top trainers including Nicky Henderson, Harry Whittington, and Kim Bailey
- A share in all three horses
- For the 2020-21 and 2021-22 Jumps season (finishing on 31 July 2022)
- Complimentary two-year membership for Cheltenham, Exeter, Warwick and Wincanton Racecourses including 65 racedays per season, including The Cheltenham Festival
- An exclusive facility at The Cheltenham Festival 2021 and 2022
- A share in any of the prize money won by the club's three horses
- An opportunity to follow each of the horses owned by the club
- Organised stable visits, trips, and discounted hospitality at racedays around the South West region courses
- Exclusive updates via The Racing Manager Forum Page, meaning updates can be received by text and email straight to your phone
- Regular newsletters