For The Agetur Kingmaker Chase Day, we often welcome novice racehorses and this is the perfect raceday to welcome novice racegoers alike.
There will be a range of activities that will educate, inform and give you the top tips to enjoy a day at Warwick Racecourse. For more information take a look at Racing Explained to learn everything you need to about Horse Racing.
From gates open, Crossie's Corner will be open with a Horse Equicizor to see if you have what it takes as a jockey and discuss with legendary bookmaker, Gary Wiltshire his tips for the day.
Between 12:20-12:30 there will be a painted horse demonstration in the parade ring with Rachel Keeble to educate racegoers on the muscular, skeletal and fascial structure of the horse.
From 1:10-1:20, there will be a parade from Retraining of Racehorses with iconic horses in racing to include:
- The New One, winner of over 20 races and over £1 million in prize money
- Coneygree, winner of nine races and the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2015
- Carruthers, winner of ten races and finished second in the 2014 Classic Chase
- Thomas Crapper, winners of seven races and second at two Cheltenham Festivals
- Miko De Beauchene, winner of four races and won the 2007 Welsh National
- Annacotty, winner of seven races and won 2015 Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham.
1:45-1:50 - There will be a talk with the BHA racecourse Vet, Katie Byam-Cook about her role and racehorse welfare.
2:20-2:25 - Find out about Clerk of the Course, Jane Hedley's role and what she does day-to-day.
2:55 - A chat with General Manager, Andre Klein
3:30 - A talk with a jockey to discuss day-to-day life and what it takes to be a professional jockey.