One of the county’s finest sporting occasions, which combines the excitement, colour, and camaraderie of horse racing, with the vibrant social side of the sport.
Make sure you join us for the Badger Chase renewal on Saturday 7 November 2020.
Official tickets will go on sale in Summer 2020. Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive news and updates.
It’s the place to be this autumn as great horses, top jockeys and brilliant trainers come together to provide a Jump racing spectacle for all to enjoy. As well as the famous Badger Ales Chase, this day also hosts a Grade 2 Novices’ Chase, so you are sure to see a few stars on show.
It's a definite date in the diary for any Jump racing enthusiast, and a perfect day to head down to Somerset to Wincanton Racecourse this November.
- Watch quality racing up close from the rails or by the Winning Post
- Don't miss out on trying the famous Badger Beers available
- As we race largely during the winter months, the weather can be unpredictable, so we would advise you to dress for the weather
- Download our Jockey Club App with access to a digital racecard, games to play on the day and your chance to win prizes on the day of racing
- Free onsite parking
- Under 18s come racing for free when accompanied by a full paying adult
Our complimentary bus service will transport racegoers from Templecombe Train Station. Timings to be confirmed.
racing highlights from badger chase day 2019
Give Me A Copper provided trainer Paul Nicholls with his tenth win in the Badger Beers Silver Trophy. Ridden by Harry Cobden, Give Me A Copper is owned by former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and held on gamely to win from the Neil Mulholland-trained Soupy Soups. Fusil Raffles set up his season with a winning appearance at Wincanton winning the Grade 2 Unibet Elite Hurdle for the Nicky Henderson team.