Following announcements about its new regional structure
, Jockey Club Racecourses (JCR), the largest racecourse group in the UK*, today confirmed its new Board of Directors.
The Board is chaired by Simon Bazalgette, Group Chief Executive of The Jockey Club and Chairman of JCR, supported by Paul Fisher, JCR’s Group Managing Director.
JCR’s four new Regional Directors join the Board, who are collectively responsible for all racecourses in the Group, reporting to Paul Fisher. This replaces the current position where four racecourse heads from within the Group sit on the Board on a two-year rotation. This now means every JCR course will be fully represented.
William Gittus, MD of Jockey Club Estates, joins the board in light of the increasing close collaboration between the two divisions. The other board members have Group-wide roles, either for JCR or more widely The Jockey Club as a whole group.
Jockey Club Racecourses’ Board will consist of:
- Simon Bazalgette (Chairman, JCR (also Group Chief Executive, The Jockey Club))
- Paul Fisher (Group Managing Director, JCR)
- John Baker (North West Regional Director, JCR)
- Colin Bailey (MD, Jockey Club Catering, in attendance)
- Scott Bowers (Group Director of Communications, The Jockey Club)
- Linda Bowles (Group Director of HR, The Jockey Club)
- Andrew Crean (Group Finance Director, The Jockey Club)
- William Gittus (MD, Jockey Club Estates)
- Richard Norris (Group Racing Director, JCR)
- Ian Renton (South West Regional Director, JCR)
- Amy Starkey (East Regional Director, JCR)
- Rupert Trevelyan (London Regional Director, JCR)
- Stephen Wallis (Group Director of International & Racing Relations, JCR)
- Dickon White (Group Betting Director, JCR)
- Tom Manners (Group Brand Development Director)
*By turnover, as well as several other measures including attendances, quality racing (Group and Graded), contribution to prize money and total prize money