The Hill is the famous free area at the centre of the racecourse and the heart of the party as people pitch up their picnics and discover the wonder that the market, fun fair and racing holds.
Aside from the brand new Jubilee Family Festival enclosure, this area is not ticketed and is free to access for spectators across the two Derby days.
Whilst there is no access to the Parade Ring or Winners Enclosure, you can still watch all the action trackside or on one of many giant screens located on The Hill.
This area is not ticketed and is available for customers to access throughout the day. Please be aware there is no access to the Parade Ring, Winners Enclosure and no access to the Style Awards for Ladies Day.
New for 2022 and only for Derby weekend.
- BBQs are permitted to be used in the two designated areas at this year’s Cazoo Derby.
- Look out for the flags which mark the areas or please ask one of our event staff for guidance.
- BBQs must be raised off of the ground and disposable ones are not permitted.
- Please use the BBQ bins provided in these areas for the safe disposal of hot ash
- Recycle at one of many recycling points.
- Collect a waste bag on arrival, fill it and bring it back to one of our recycle stations for a chance to win big prizes!
- Remember The Hill is for everyone from birds to bees to horses so we must look after it.