Overall authority for all parts of the Jockey Club rests with the Board of Stewards, chaired by the Senior Steward. The Stewards are each appointed on a 3-year term, by the Ordinary Members of the Jockey Club.
Ordinary Members of The Jockey Club are appointed on account of their contribution to horseracing, alongside a commitment to help The Jockey Club to achieve its vision.
The Board of Stewards has agreed a delegation of authority for the operation of The Jockey Club Group to the Executive Board, including which decisions need to be formally approved by the Stewards once recommended by the Executive Board.
The Executive Board for the Jockey Club Group is made up of:
- Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Nevin Truesdale
- Group Racing Director, Richard Norris
- Managing Director, JCR East Amy Starkey
- Managing Director, JCR West Ian Renton
- Chief People Officer (CPO) Helene Sharrock
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Stuart Clark
- Chief Commercial and International Officer (CCO) Anna Chanduvi
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Olaf Gueldner
- Chief Corporate Affairs Officer (CCAO) Stuart Williamson
- Managing Director, Group Property (MD, GP) Stuart Mitchell
READ MORE ABOUT OUR EXECUTIVE BOARD
The Executive Board meet once a month and are accountable for the day to day running of The Jockey Club Group and all decision making contained therein.
The Managing Director for JCE, and Chief Executive Officers for The National Stud and Racing Welfare report to the Group CEO, with governance and support from their own Boards. (and in the case of Racing Welfare, Trustees)
Jockey Club Racecourses operate in a matrix structure. The courses operate in a bi regional structure, supported by the central functions of Commercial (incl Sales and Partnerships), Marketing, Communications, Finance, People and Culture, Information Systems, Group Property, and Health and Safety.