Here are the frequently asked questions that will help you plan your day at The Cazoo Derby.
Here’s what entrance you’ll need to come through:
- Pavilion Entrance: Hospitality/GA
- Queens Stand Entrance: Owners, Trainers & Jockeys, Queen’s Stand tickets/Hospitality and Winning Post guests
- Old Main Gate: Grandstand/Queen’s Stand/Hospitality
Parking for The Cazoo Derby will be available to purchase on the day, please be aware pre-booked passes are no longer available.
If you park your car on the hill, there is a charge and it can be pre-booked.
Pedestrians can access the hill for free.
If you have Grandstand and Queen Stand tickets you can go to the Parade ring.
However, if you have Londsdale, Upper Tatts or Jubilee Family Festival tickets, you won’t have access to the Parade Ring.
You can bring your own picnic in the following enclosures:
- The Jubilee Family Festival
- The Hill
- Upper Tattenham
All other enclosures don’t allow picnics, alcohol or furniture to be brought in.
The Jubilee Family Festival is a private area on the hill for customers who have purchased tickets only.
But the hill is free for pedestrians.
You can bring folding chairs and tables but gazebos aren’t allowed in these enclosures.
You can however bring chairs/gazebos/tables to the Hill.
There are bars and catering outlets located in and around the Queen’s Stand but the majority of eateries are located within the Derby Village around the Grandstand.
No, unfortunately all restaurants have to be pre booked. You’re welcome to talk about upgrade opportunities with Hospitality ahead of the event.
The 2022 Cazoo Derby will be run at 4:30pm on Saturday 4th June.
Yes, they’re running from Epsom Station but not Epsom Downs or Tattenham Corner.
The shuttle bus is paid for.
They run from 9am until 1.30-2pm and then run again at 4pm until 7.30pm.
Food and drink stands will be available in and around the racecourse and will be card only.
Yes but Grandstand tickets aren’t permitted in Queen's Stand.
If there’s space within the enclosure, absolutely. All attendees can technically access enclosures below the ticket they hold. However, the stewards won’t allow access if an enclosure reaches capacity as the ticket holders for the specific enclosure will take priority.
We ask all attendees to respect any requests from our stewarding team to ensure the safety of all attendees.
These tickets will be available for Ladies Day only in the Grandstand Enclosure. NOW SOLD OUT.
Only assistance dogs are permitted within the stands. We advise customers to leave their pets safely at home.
We take cash within the car parks. However, with the volume of guests coming in, there may be a longer wait than usual using the card machines.
We don’t accept cash anywhere else on the racecourse bar the Bookmakers. If anything changes, we’ll update everyone using the pre-event communications and on the website - which we advise checking ahead of the event.
There are cash machines on site in the Queen’s Stand and Duchess’s Stand but there may be long queues. So we’d recommend taking cash out before you arrive.
Cameras can be used in the public enclosures, as long as the photographs are for personal use. Commercial photographers need to apply for accreditation from JSC.
- Queen’s Stand- Lester Piggot statue (racecourse side)
- Duchess’s Stand- Outside main entrance.
You can buy racecards inside the racecourse. It’ll cost £5.00 on both days.
There’s a taxi pick up and drop off point located at car park 6.
You can use local taxi company, Clocktower cars: 01372 747 747
Yes. There will be an after party on Ladies Day & Derby Day lasting approx. 90 minutes. All Grandstand & Queen Stand ticket holders are welcome.
On Ladies Day only, the Style Awards competition will open at 11:00 when gates open. Located by the main Grandstand, applicants will have their pictures taken and details submitted.
Entries close at 15:10. Judges will then compile their shortlist and the finalists will be contacted.
The top three will be announced and taken to the Winners Enclosure where the presentation will take place after the Cazoo Oaks presentation.
Prizes for 1st place:
- £1,000 cash
- Hospitality package for two on Cazoo Ladies Day 2023
- A two night stay at Retreat East
- £350 voucher for Closet London
- £300 voucher for House of Cavani
- Bottle of Whispering Angel
- A bouquet of flowers from Lavender Green
Prizes available for 2nd and 3rd place also.
- Sarah Kate Byrne – leading sustainable fashion stylist
- Lisa Tan – London based milliner
- Cherry Valentine – RuPauls Drag Race
The tunnel may be used as one way only. But only if deemed necessary and can be done safely. This decision will be taken by the Tunnel Safety Officer in consultation with Chief Safety in event control.
- Opening time of the Lonsdale Enclosure – After the bus has arrived, the catering vehicles may access
- Latest time vehicles need to vacate the Lonsdale Enclosure – 10am
Other guest access:
- Opening time of the Enclosure for buses to access and park up – 8am
- Access to the Lonsdale Enclosure for guests joining the buses later in the morning – 11.00am for pedestrians
- Approx time after racing that the buses can leave the racecourse – at the discretion of the safety manager
Grandstand, Queen's Stand and Picnics:
- Main entrance pavilion will have all collections for Queen’s Stand and Grandstand + picnics. We won’t be able to post international picnics due to a delay in receiving items for dispatch. We apologise. We’ll refund the postage. Alternatively, if there’s a UK address we can send the items to or hold them for collection, we’re happy to do so.
- All outer enclosures have their own collection booth at the entrance to each area.
- Mac & cheese
- Loaded fries - Gluten free
- Fish and chips
- Wood fired pizza
- Hog roast
Gluten free options are available upon request, please ask at the unit for the FIR folder so they can let you know your options.
No, you won’t need a key to access the temporary accessible toilets in the outer enclosures.
Yes, once you’re inside the enclosure, all activities and entertainment are free.
All rides/entertainment on the hill is paid for.