Thursday 17 February
AN AFTERNOON OF QUALITY JUMP RACING
Celebrating the bravery and dedication of the British Armed Forces with the historic, and unique Royal Artillery Gold Cup Day. The feature race, the Royal Artillery Gold Cup, is one of Sandown Park's oldest races having been first run at Sandown Park in 1878.
THE VIRGIN BET CONDITIONAL JOCKEYS’ HANDICAP HURDLE RACE
|1:45pm||THE ‘UBIQUE’ HANDICAP STEEPLE CHASE||2 miles|
THE WEATHERBYS CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL BETTING GUIDE JANE SEYMOUR MARES' NOVICES’ HURDLE RACE (GRADE 2)
|2 miles 4 furlongs|
THE CASTEL ROYAL ARTILLERY GOLD CUP (STEEPLE CHASE FOR MILITARY AMATEUR JOCKEYS)
THE VIRGIN BET ‘NATIONAL HUNT’ NOVICES HURDLE RACE
THE VIRGIN BET HANDICAP STEEPLE CHASE (FOR THE ALANBROOKE CHALLENGE CUP)
THE VIRGIN BET NOVICES’ HANDICAP HURDLE RACE
|2 miles 4 furlongs|
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Royal Artillery Gold Cup Day at Sandown Park Racecourse. We hope that the weather will be kind, but such is the nature of the great British weather that we cannot guarantee it will be! Therefore we suggest your dress appropriately and keep an eye on the forecasts ahead of the event.
- Complimentary parking is available in the Centre of the Course, accessible via More Lane
- Parking in the Portsmouth Road Car Park is available for £5.00
- The Entrance from Esher Train Station across the centre of the course will be open for this fixture.
- We will also be operating our shuttle bus service from Esher Station to the Main Entrance.
- Please remember that Esher rail station is located outside of Zones 1-6 and that Oyster Cards are not valid when travelling to Esher. A paper ticket must be purchased in advance of travelling.
- You can access the Racecourse via our Main Entrance (Portsmouth Road) or via our Grandstand Crossing in the centre of the course. Premier ticket holders and Members can also use the Members Crossing in the centre of the course
- Please ensure you have your tickets ready to be scanned on arrival
- We are continuing to recommend all guests take a Lateral Flow Test before attending our fixtures, but this is not mandatory. You will not be required to show proof of this on entry.
- We are also continuing to recommend wearing face masks in crowded indoor spaces and checking in via the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival. QR codes remain located around the racecourse to enable you to check in should you wish to.
- We will be operating both Grandstand and Premier Enclosures for this fixture. Grandstand ticket holders can pay to upgrade to the Premier Enclosure on the day (card/contactless payment only)
Food and Drink
- Food and Drink outlets will be open throughout the Surrey Hall
- We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions. For betting facilities cash payment will still be accepted, but contactless payments are recommended.
- Picnics are permitted on course as per pre-COVID rules - They can only be consumed in the picnic enclosure by the Racecourse. Please refer to our picnic guidelines for more information
- Guards on the Winners podium for Royal Artillery races
- Outriders for the 1.45pm and 2.55pm races
- 2.45pm - Horses and Hounds Artillery Hunt run up final furlong
- 12.30pm - Gun display fired from front apron (Premier side)
- Racecards will be available at this meeting and will be £3.00. They can be purchased at any of the Entrances and Tote outlets
- Please note that our Premier Dress Code will apply to all Premier Enclosure ticket holders.