INFORMATION FOR RACEHORSE OWNERS
Jockey Club Racecourses very much looks forward to welcoming Owners to our courses, with many of the Covid protocols now removed from the raceday experience. Your patience and support since we welcomed owners back to our courses in April has been hugely appreciated.
As it was before March 2020, we are delighted to offer six Owners badges to those with runners on the day, as well as lunch in our Owners facilities, access to the paddock etc. Syndicates will be offered the choice of Owners badges or a larger selection of General Admission badges (syndicate managers should speak to the individual racecourses at the entry stage to arrange details).
There will be no social distancing and access to the paddock will be granted as it was before the pandemic, with only the occasional limitation for major handicaps at courses with smaller paddocks. Racegoers are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering in areas where they come into close contact with lots of other people, particularly indoors, for the safety of all racegoers.
Owners should continue to use the PASS system as previously to request tickets.
We look forward to welcoming you to our racecourses and wish you the best of luck with your runner(s).
Nevin Truesdale, CEO, The Jockey Club
Now that we have introduced a limited number of spectators, we have taken the decision to expand our Amber Zone, which will mean all Owners will now return to their traditional facility overlooking the Parade Ring. As a result, Green Zone Trainers will now no longer have access to the traditional Grandstand O&T facility. Provision will instead be made available in the Entrance Foyer. We trust you agree that this allows your owners to continue to have the best possible experience at Exeter Racecourse, and thank you for your co-operation.
Owners and racing participants need to know before attending our Racedays.
- The name, email address/phone number of all Owners will be collected by the racecourse to ensure NHS Track and Trace capability.
- The above obligations have been requested by Public Health England and will be strictly adhered to.
For those attending our raceday
Please ensure you wear your facemask whilst at the check-point.
- Screening stations will open from five hours before the first race
- All jockey, trainers, and stable staff will be screened and accreditated on the back road, from the main entrance. All other participants will be directed to the green zone screening point
- Please remember to bring photographic ID and read the BHA guidelines for the resumption of racing
- There are reduced jockey changing facilities in the existing Weighing Room, overflow changing and shower facilities have been moved to the Martin Pipe Suite
- A saddle and colours bag drop-off/collection point is located on the trackside of the Weighing Room
- There will be complimentary takeaway food vouchers for stable staff available from the canteen, and seating available in the temporary marquee. There will be additional items on sale.
- The existing trainer's bar will be open, and vouchers will be provided on arrival
Without exception, anybody who has not pre-registered or fails any of the outlined protocols will not be permitted entry to the racecourse.
- All floor markings/signage and instructions from raceday personnel must be observed and follow the one way systems in operation.
- Please observe good hand washing hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be freely available throughout the course
- Please maintain a two metre social distancing guidelines at all times and wear face coverings when indoors (unless eating and drinking).
- A debrief with your trainer and jockey is possible at designated points but please be aware access to the green zone is strictly prohibited and social distancing guidelines should continue to be followed.
(Please note that racecards will not be available in their usual format however a digital version can be downloaded from our website on the evening before the raceday).
- For those of you unable to attend on the day you’ll be able to download a copy of our digital racecard (on the evening before the raceday) and our raceday photographer will be capturing images of every horse running
- We understand that your raceday experience will be very different from what you are used to and we would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation and understanding in these exceptional circumstances.