important information for racehorse owners
We are pleased to be able to welcome back owners to our racecourses from Monday 29th March, in line with the Government’s roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions.
As part of a phased, risk-managed approach, attendance at our racecourses between March 29th and April 12th will be limited to a maximum of two owners per horse, unless when stipulated otherwise. Owners attending must comply with our terms and conditions of entry and the Government restrictions, including regarding social mixing between households.
In order to meet the ongoing Government criteria, racecourses are currently unable to provide hospitality at this stage. However, light refreshments will be available and there will be no time limit on how long owners are permitted to remain on course.
We wish you every success on the day and look forward to you joining us at our racecourse soon.
Further information and more details are available in the BHA's Owners Guide.
Now that we have introduced a limited number of spectators, we have taken the decision to expand our Amber Zone, which will mean all Owners will now return to their traditional facility overlooking the Parade Ring. As a result, Green Zone Trainers will now no longer have access to the traditional Grandstand O&T facility. Provision will instead be made available in the Entrance Foyer. We trust you agree that this allows your owners to continue to have the best possible experience at Exeter Racecourse, and thank you for your co-operation.
Owners and racing participants need to know before attending our Racedays.
- The name, email address/phone number of all Owners will be collected by the racecourse to ensure NHS Track and Trace capability.
- The above obligations have been requested by Public Health England and will be strictly adhered to.
For those attending our raceday
Please ensure you wear your facemask whilst at the check-point.
- Screening stations will open from five hours before the first race
- All jockey, trainers, and stable staff will be screened and accreditated on the back road, from the main entrance. All other participants will be directed to the green zone screening point
- Please remember to bring photographic ID and read the BHA guidelines for the resumption of racing
- There are reduced jockey changing facilities in the existing Weighing Room, overflow changing and shower facilities have been moved to the Martin Pipe Suite
- A saddle and colours bag drop-off/collection point is located on the trackside of the Weighing Room
- There will be complimentary takeaway food vouchers for stable staff available from the canteen, and seating available in the temporary marquee. There will be additional items on sale.
- The existing trainer's bar will be open, and vouchers will be provided on arrival
Without exception, anybody who has not pre-registered or fails any of the outlined protocols will not be permitted entry to the racecourse.
- All floor markings/signage and instructions from raceday personnel must be observed and follow the one way systems in operation.
- Please observe good hand washing hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be freely available throughout the course
- Please maintain a two metre social distancing guidelines at all times and wear face coverings when indoors (unless eating and drinking).
- A debrief with your trainer and jockey is possible at designated points but please be aware access to the green zone is strictly prohibited and social distancing guidelines should continue to be followed.
(Please note that racecards will not be available in their usual format however a digital version can be downloaded from our website on the evening before the raceday).
- For those of you unable to attend on the day you’ll be able to download a copy of our digital racecard (on the evening before the raceday) and our raceday photographer will be capturing images of every horse running
- We understand that your raceday experience will be very different from what you are used to and we would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation and understanding in these exceptional circumstances.