Are you arriving by bus, train or taxi? See below our travel advice. Exeter is also lucky enough to have a local airport, see details below.
A complimentary bus service runs to Exeter Racecourse from Exeter St. Davids and Exeter City Bus Station every raceday. Please note this service is available on a strictly first come, first served basis.
- Season Opener, Thursday 7th October: Pick up Exeter St. David's 12:20 | Return 17:20
- Best Mate Novice Chase Day, Tuesday 19th October: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:30 | Return 16:55
- Haldon Gold Cup, Tuesday 2nd November: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:30 (2 Buses) | Return 16:25 (2 Buses)
- Midweek Racing, Wednesday 10th November: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:20 | Return 16:00
- Devon Air Ambulance Day, Sunday 21st November: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:30 (2 Buses) | Return 16:20 (2 Buses)
- Festive Raceday, Friday 3rd December: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:30 (2 Buses) | Return 16:20 (2 Buses)
- Christmas Raceday, Thursday 16th December: Pick up Exeter St. David's 10:30 (2 Buses) | Return 15:45 (2 Buses)
There is also a bus (Bus 39) which goes from Exeter Bus Station to Newton Abbot via Exeter Racecourse.
The Exeter Racecourse stop is between the ‘Countess Wear Roundabout’ and ‘Chudleigh Memorial’ and is just opposite the Route 5 restaurant on the A38 dual carriageway.
Due to safety concerns, there is no bus stop on the opposite side of the dual carriageway. To return to Exeter City Centre from the Racecourse you have to get on a 39 bus to Chudleigh Memorial and change there to get on another 39 bus back to the city centre.
Depending on your time of travel, a taxi up to the racecourse will take about 25 minutes – to receive an exclusive discount from our preferred partners on a taxi fare to or from the Racecourse, book Apple Taxis on 01392 666666 or email and quote "EX1".
There is also an Apple Taxi Raceday Pick-Up point located at the bottom of the racecourse’s main car park.
Taxis will be lining up there from the last race so if you intend on travelling home by taxi, please make your way to the Pick-Up point to join the queue.
There is a direct train link between London Paddington to Exeter St. Davids train station. We are pleased to offer a complimentary coach service bringing you straight from the station to the racecourse.
Exeter is around a two-hour train journey from London Paddington.
Exeter International Airport is a 15 minute drive from the racecourse, just off the A30.
With prior permission, helicopters can land on the course on racedays – please call Jade Foyle, on 01392 832599 for further information.