Are you arriving by bus, train or taxi? See below our travel advice. Exeter is also lucky enough to have a local airport, see details below.
A complimentary bus service runs to Exeter Racecourse from Exeter St. Davids and Exeter City Bus Station every raceday. Please note this service is available on a strictly first come, first served basis. Please note that this bus service no longer goes via Exeter bus station.
There is also a bus (Bus 39) which goes from Exeter Bus Station to Newton Abbot via Exeter Racecourse. The Exeter Racecourse stop is between the ‘Countess Wear Roundabout’ and ‘Chudleigh Memorial’ and is just opposite the Route 5 restaurant on the A38 dual carriageway.
With the new development across the A38, there is now a return bus stop to Exeter on the other side of the road. To access this bus stop please walk to the end of our driveway, turn left and then the first left again towards the services. The new bus stop is on the back road opposite Costa. Please do not cross the A38 to get to this stop. If you are unsure on how to get there please ask a member of our team.
- Christmas Raceday, Thursday 16th December: Pick up Exeter St. David's 10:30 (2 Buses) | Return 15:45 (2 Buses)
- New Year's Day, Saturday 1st January 2022: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:15 (2 Buses) | Return 16:35 (2 Buses)
- Afternoon Racing, Tuesday 11th January: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:15 | Return 16:35
- Afternoon Racing, Tuesday 18th January: Pick up Exeter St. David's 11:30 | Return 16:40
- Virgin Bet Afternoon Racing, Wednesday 2nd February: Pick up Exeter St David's 11:30 | Return 17:15
- Virgin Bet Super Sunday, Sunday 13th February: Pick up Exeter St David's 12:00 (two buses) | Return 17:30
- Family Fun Day (Featuring the Virgin Bet Devon National), Friday 25th February: Pick up Exeter St David's 11:00 | Return 16:50
- Virgin Bet Cheltenham Preview Raceday, Friday 11th March: Pick up Exeter St David's 11:30 | Return 17:10
- Afternoon Racing, Tuesday 22nd March: Pick up Exeter St David's 12:30 | Return 17:50
- Spring Raceday, Tuesday 5th April: Pick up Exeter St David's 12:30 | Return 17:50
- Heavitree Brewery Season Finale, Thursday 14th April: Pick up Exeter St David's 15:12 (two buses) | Return 20:10 (two buses)
*Please note that these times may change in line with changing race times. This is also a first come first serve service and the bus may leave prior to the arranged time if full.
Depending on your time of travel, a taxi up to the racecourse will take about 25 minutes – to receive an exclusive discount from our preferred partners on a taxi fare to or from the Racecourse, book Apple Taxis on 01392 666666 or email and quote "EX1".
There is also an Apple Taxi Raceday Pick-Up point located at the bottom of the racecourse’s main car park.
Taxis will be lining up there from the last race so if you intend on travelling home by taxi, please make your way to the Pick-Up point to join the queue.
There is a direct train link between London Paddington to Exeter St. Davids train station. We are pleased to offer a complimentary coach service bringing you straight from the station to the racecourse.
Exeter is around a two-hour train journey from London Paddington.
Exeter International Airport is a 15 minute drive from the racecourse, just off the A30.
With prior permission, helicopters can land on the course on racedays – please call Jade Foyle, on 01392 832599 for further information.