A grand celebration of everything that is great about Market Rasen took place in the Lincolnshire town’s racecourse in early March.
‘Love Market Rasen Raceday’, sponsored by Market Rasen Town Council, rejoiced in all that is wonderful about the local community with visitors enjoying a range of activities and entertainment facilitated by local businesses, services and community groups whilst taking in the excitement and thrills of a day at the races.
Off the track one of the highlights of the day was the Community and Business Awards, with winners listed below:
• Best Teacher/Childminder/Teaching Assistant Of The Year - Michael Brown, Kelsey Primary School
• Community Group Of The Year - The Market Rasen Lions
• Corporate Social Responsibility Business Of The Year - Tesco Superstore:
• Employee Of The Year 2020 - Marie Wootton - St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice
• Inspiring Young Person Of The Year - Abigail Mansfield from De Aston School
• Best Local Business Of The Year - Town and Country Kiddies Nursery-Market Rasen
Ahead of the event Councillor John Matthews, Chairman, Market Rasen Town Council, said:
“Market Rasen Town Council is delighted to join forces with West Lindsey District Council to help promote and sponsor this wonderful community raceday. This initiative not only displays the desire to involve the people and businesses of the town with the racecourse but also gives an underlying message that the racecourse is an important part of the town.”
Nadia Powell, General Manager, Market Rasen Racecourse, said:
“As a major Lincolnshire venue attracting visitors to our town, we are passionate about playing our part in the local economy and community. These are difficult times for our community and we are looking forward to welcoming local people and businesses back once the government and public health authorities tell us it is safe to do so”