important information for racehorse owners
We are pleased to be able to welcome back owners to our racecourses in line with the Government’s roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions.
As part of a phased, risk-managed approach, attendance at our racecourses from April 12th will be limited to a maximum of six owners per horse, unless when stipulated otherwise. Owners attending must comply with our terms and conditions of entry and the Government restrictions, including regarding social mixing between households.
Light refreshments will be available and there will be no time limit on how long owners are permitted to remain on course.
We wish you every success on the day and look forward to you joining us at our racecourse soon.
Further information and more details are available in the BHA's Owners Guide.
A WARM WELCOME TO Market rasen RACECOURSE
- Prior to arrival, all Owners must ensure that they have read and understood the BHA Owners’ Protocols.
- Owners are urged to complete the health screening self-assessment prior to attending the racecourse. This is included in the Owners’ Protocols and will need to be completed each time you attend the racecourse.
- Please register your attendance through the PASS system REGISTER HEREand submit the names of the individual(s) who will attend the race meeting by 4pm the day before racing.
- Please do not register the guest attendees in the same name
- If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The RCA has created a simple 6-step guide for owners covering the basic operation of the PASS System, download here
- Even if you are the PASS cardholder, you still need to submit your own name as a Guest otherwise the pre-registration will not recognise you as attending.
Please note under current guidelines Owners can request six badges per declared horse. Badges are not permitted to be transferred. Children can attend as one of the owners/representatives if pre-registered. All children attending will undergo the entry screening process as standard.
- Please note there are currently road works on the A46 between Lincoln and Market Rasen please allow extra time travel
- Owners will have a dedicated car park, entrance, and enclosure. This is located within the County Enclosure. The car park can be accessed via Legsby Road and is clearly signed. Once parked please make your way to the dedicated Owners Entrance where you will be greeted by the Market Rasen Racecourse Team
- All attendees at behind closed doors race fixtures will be required to wear a three layered face covering at all times while at the racecourse. Face coverings should be worn in all indoor and outdoor areas of the Owners Zone, from the point of arrival at the course and throughout the day until the point of departure, apart from where specific exemptions apply
- There will be a designated arrival checkpoint at the entrance at which you will be asked to:
- Confirm you have pre-registered to attend through the PASS system
- Present photo identification
- Answer the health screen questions
- Undertake a temperature test
- Please note contact details of all owners will be taken on arrival for track and trace purposes
Without exception, anybody who has not pre-registered or fails any of the outlined protocols will not be permitted entry to the racecourse.
Located within the Owners Zone you will find the Tiger Roll Bar/Terrace with complimentary Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks and Sandwiches, alternatively a hot/cold food offer will be available from the Owners & Trainers Bar on an order/collection basis. Owners will be able to enjoy the offer within the Owners and Trainers Bar although we ask Owners not to use this bar as a base for the day.
In line with current government guidance, Market Rasen Racecourse is pleased to offer ‘outdoor’ table service where alcohol may be purchased.
Additional Facilities include:
- Outside seating
- Access to Parade Ring Viewing
- Access to the exterior of the Winners Circle
- Designated Trackside Viewing – please note a large screen will be on course
- Accessible Restroom Facilities
- Owners/Trainers & Jockeys de-brief area
- If you are a connection to the winning horse, a member of the Market Rasen Racecourse Team will escort you to the winning connections area where you will be able to enjoy a review of the race whilst we prepare your prizes to take home.