Tuesday 8 March
an afternoon steeped in military heritage
A wonderful afternoon of military racing with The Grand Military Gold Cup as the feature race. It is a race that is guaranteed to feature some of the country’s finest military amateur jockeys.
THE SPECTRA GROUP ‘NATIONAL HUNT’ NOVICES’ HURDLE RACE
THE QUEEN ELIZABETH THE QUEEN MOTHER MEMORIAL AMATEUR JOCKEYS’ HANDICAP HURDLE RACE (FOR MILITARY AMATEUR JOCKEYS)
|2:55pm||THE WOLSEY HANDICAP STEEPLE CHASE||2 miles|
THE GRAND MILITARY GOLD CUP (A STEEPLE CHASE FOR MILITARY AMATEUR JOCKEYS) (SPONSORED BY ARMY SPORT CONTROL BOARD)
|4:05pm||THE TEAM FORCES HANDICAP HURDLE RACE||2 miles 4 furlongs|
THE CLAREMONT NOVICES’ HANDICAP HURDLE RACE
|2 miles 4 furlongs|
- Complimentary parking is available in the Centre of the Course, accessible via More Lane
- Parking in the Portsmouth Road Car Park is available for £5.00
- The Entrance from Esher Train Station across the centre of the course will be open for this fixture
- We will also be operating our shuttle bus service from Esher Station to the Main Entrance
- Please remember that Esher rail station is located outside of Zones 1-6 and that Oyster Cards are not valid when travelling to Esher. A paper ticket must be purchased in advance of travelling
- You can access the Racecourse via our Main Entrance (Portsmouth Road) or via our Grandstand Crossing in the centre of the course. Premier ticket holders and Members can also use the Members Crossing in the centre of the course
- Please ensure you have your tickets ready to be scanned on arrival
- We are continuing to recommend all guests take a Lateral Flow Test before attending our fixtures, but this is not mandatory. You will not be required to show proof of this on entry. We are also continuing to recommend wearing face masks in crowded indoor spaces and checking in via the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival. QR codes remain located around the racecourse to enable you to check in should you wish to
- We will be operating both Grandstand and Premier Enclosures for this fixture. Grandstand ticket holders can pay to upgrade to the Premier Enclosure on the day (card/contactless payment only)
Food & Drink
- Food and Drink outlets will be open throughout the Surrey Hall. Please note that the Madri Lounge will be closed for Grand Military Gold Cup Day.
- We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions. For betting facilities cash payment will still be accepted, but contactless payments are recommended.
- Picnics are permitted on course as per pre-COVID rules - They can only be consumed in the picnic enclosure by the Racecourse. Please refer to our picnic guidelines for more information
- We are looking forward to welcoming you to Grand Military Gold Cup Day at Sandown Park Racecourse. We hope that the weather will be kind, but such is the nature of the great British weather that we cannot guarantee it will be! Therefore we suggest you dress appropriately and keep an eye on the forecasts ahead of the event.
- The Household Cavalry Band playing on the Parade Ring Terrace
- Outriders and Sword Guards for the two military races.
- Horse and Hounds to run up the track prior to the Grand Military Gold Cup
- Racecards will be available at this meeting and will be £3.00. They can be purchased at any of the Entrances and Tote outlets