Market Rasen Racecourse today announced its half-year calendar of highlights from February to August 2019.
The year’s jump racing kicked off last Thursday and a series of exciting days on and off the racetrack is planned in the months ahead, with accompanied children admitted free to all except the Jockey Club Live concerts.
Love Market Rasen raceday, sponsored by Market Rasen Town Council in association with West Lindsey District Council, is on Sunday, 17th February, celebrating all that is wonderful about the local community. Visitors will be able to enjoy a range of activities and entertainment facilitated by local businesses, services and community groups, whilst taking in the excitement of a day at the races. Adult admission is just £10 in advance or £15 on the day.
New for 2019 is the Easter Sunday Beer and BBQ raceday on Sunday, 21st April. Visitors will be encouraged to dress down in keeping with the Aussie theme and enjoy real ales from Lincolnshire’s Ferry Ales Brewery as well as firepit BBQs and street food galore.
- The first Jockey Club Live event sees Madness in concert after racing on Friday, 7th June. Combining the genres of ska, reggae, Motown, rock ’n’ roll and classic pop, Suggs and the gang are one of the music industry’s best loved bands and are adored by fans of all ages.
- The annual Family Extravaganza raceday is on Sunday, 7th July, with the return of the popular Paw Patrol. There will be bags of children’s entertainment and pony rides.
- Betway Summer Plate raceday in association with Lincs FM is on Saturday, 20th July. Tickets are already flying out the door, so it is recommended that visitors book their places soon. The day is one of the most popular of the year, with style, Champagne, live music and top-class racing. There will also be an Après Racing DJ set.
- The Kids Family Extravaganza raceday is on Sunday, 4th August. There are pony rides, a kids’ carnival and the Rand Farm Park animal roadshow. Family passes are just £20.
- The second Jockey Club Live event sees Craig David in concert on Saturday, 17th August. The British singer-songwriter and rapper has enjoyed 20 UK top 20 singles and has sold over 15 million record worldwide as a solo artist.
Nadia Powell, General Manager, Market Rasen Racecourse, said:
“We have one of the most exciting line-ups ever in 2019, starting with the first Love Market Rasen raceday in February. The entertainment for all ages continues right through to the summer, with family extravaganzas, high-class jump racing and our Jockey Club Live racing and music events. There is certainly something for everyone at Lincolnshire’s only racecourse between now and August.”