PUBLIC HEALTH UPDATE
(Updated 16:00 on 16th March 2020)
At Sandown Park Racecourse the safety and welfare of racegoers and participants is paramount.
British Racing is in close communication with the UK Government regarding the current public health situation and has continued to observe the government’s request for a proportionate response that takes into account public health and the impact on jobs and businesses.
Racing industry leaders have confirmed a plan to continue racing behind closed doors from Monday 16th March until the end of March 2020. Any fixtures that take place in England, Wales and Scotland during this time will take place without spectators and with restrictions on the number of attendees.
At the present time, this does not affect any Sandown Park Racecourse fixtures.
Please be assured that Sandown Park Racecourse operates a full refund policy in the event of any raceday not taking place. Refunds will be automatically processed within fourteen working days.
Please find the full release from the British Horseracing Authority on their website here:
As part of our responsibilities towards racegoers and participants, we have put the following in place:
- Pre-event communication advising all customers to follow official government public health advice, which can be found here
- Allocated staff will operate in all toilet areas to ensure that soap and drying facilities are constantly available
- Antibacterial hand gel will be made available
- Posters around the racecourse as a reminder of public health advice, which includes washing your hands regularly with soap and hot water, or using antibacterial gel
In line with Government guidance, you should not attend the event if:
- You have flu-like symptoms including a cough, high temperature and shortness of breath
- You have been to or transited through high risk countries, or been in contact with anyone that has, in the last 14 days
We look forward to welcoming you to Sandown Park.