Saturday 5 February
An afternoon of jump racing
Virgin Bet Contenders Day on 5 February is an exciting afternoon of Jump racing. The day often gives away some handy Cheltenham Festival pointers, so watch the live-action and keep an eye on the winners!
Fancy an afternoon of Racing followed by the Rugby? Join us at Virgin Bet Contenders Day where we will be showing the International Rugby after racing in the Surrey Hall. Our Diamond Edge bar will remain open throughout the match (last orders 18:15) and some light bite food options will be available.
Please be aware that there is a limited train service on this day to Esher Station. Please check your journey before travelling.
THE VIRGIN BET NOVICES’ HURDLE RACE (QUALIFIER)
|1.15pm||THE VIRGIN BET HANDICAP STEEPLE CHASE||2 miles|
THE VIRGIN BET CONTENDERS HURDLE RACE (LISTED)
THE VIRGIN BET SCILLY ISLES NOVICES’ STEEPLE CHASE (GRADE 1)
|2 miles 4 furlongs|
THE VIRGIN BET HEROES HANDICAP HURDLE RACE (GRADE 3)
|2 miles 7 furlongs|
THE VIRGIN BET MASTERS HANDICAP STEEPLE CHASE
THE VIRGIN BET NOVICES’ HANDICAP HURDLE RACE
|2 miles 4 furlongs|
- Complimentary parking is available in the Centre of the Course, accessible via More Lane
- Parking in the Portsmouth Road Car Park is available for £5.00. We expect this Car Park to be busy so we do recommend arriving in good time
- The Entrance from Esher Train Station across the centre of the course will be open for this fixture.
- We will also be operating our shuttle bus service from Esher Station to the Main Entrance.
- Please be aware that there is a limited train service on this day to Esher Station. Please check your journey before travelling.
- Please remember that Esher rail station is located outside of Zones 1-6 and that Oyster Cards are not valid when travelling to Esher. A paper ticket must be purchased in advance of travelling.
- You can access the Racecourse via our Main Entrance (Portsmouth Road) or via our Grandstand Crossing in the centre of the course. Premier ticket holders and Members can also use the Members Crossing in the centre of the course
- Please ensure you have your tickets ready to be scanned on arrival
- We are continuing to recommend all guests take a Lateral Flow Test before attending our fixtures, but this is not mandatory. You will not be required to show proof of this on entry. We are also continuing to recommend wearing face masks in crowded indoor spaces and checking in via the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival. QR codes remain located around the racecourse to enable you to check in should you wish to.
- We also recommend all attendees check in via the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival. We have the QR codes located around the racecourse to enable you to check in.
- We will be operating both Grandstand and Premier Enclosures for this fixture. Grandstand ticket holders can pay to upgrade to the Premier Enclosure on the day (card/contactless payment only)
Food & Drink
- Food and Drink outlets will be open throughout the Surrey Hall
- We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions. For betting facilities cash payment will still be accepted, but contactless payments are recommended.
- Picnics are permitted on course as per pre-COVID rules - They can only be consumed in the picnic enclosure by the Racecourse. Please refer to our picnic guidelines for more information
- We are looking forward to welcoming you to Virgin Bet Contenders Day at Sandown Park Racecourse. We hope that the weather will be kind, but such is the nature of the great British weather that we cannot guarantee it will be! We suggest you keep an eye on the forecasts ahead of the event and dress appropriately.
- Fancy an afternoon of Racing followed by the Rugby? Join us at Virgin Bet Contenders Day where we will be showing the International Rugby after racing in the Surrey Hall. Our Diamond Edge bar will remain open throughout the match (last orders 18:15) and some light bite food options will be available.
- Face masks and maintaining a safe distance from others are encouraged in all indoor areas.
- Racecards will be available at this meeting and will be £3.00. They can be purchased via the Main Entrance Foyer and at Tote outlets
- Please note that our Premier Dress Code will apply to all Premier Enclosure ticket holders. View Dress Code here