Friday 22 April
CELEBRATE THE START OF THE 2022 FLAT SEASON!
The first day of the Sandown flat season, is anything but flat!
You may well see a Derby or Ascot winner at this fixture, with it being the perfect day for the sporting purest.
We get the season off to a sensational start with a day of high-class action, featuring a Group 2 and two Group 3 races including the bet365 Classic Trial, which can see the emergence of a Derby winner. Adayar came second in this race, and it has been won in the past by subsequent Derby winners in Shergar and Troy amongst others.
|1:20pm||THE bet365 HANDICAP STAKES||5 furlongs|
|1:50pm||THE bet365 ESHER CUP HANDICAP STAKES||1 mile|
THE bet365 GORDON RICHARDS STAKES (GROUP 3)
|1 mile 2 furlongs|
|3:00pm||THE bet365 MILE (GROUP 2)||1 mile|
|3:35pm||THE bet365 CLASSIC TRIAL (GROUP 3)||1 mile 2 furlongs|
|4:10pm||THE NORDOFF ROBBINS CHARLIE WATTS MEMORIAL FILLIES' NOVICE STAKES||1 mile 2 furlongs|
|4:40pm||THE BET BOOST AT bet365 HANDICAP STAKES||1 mile 2 furlongs|
- Complimentary parking is available in the Centre of the Course, accessible via More Lane
- Parking in the Portsmouth Road Car Park is available for £5.00
- The Entrance from Esher Train Station across the centre of the course will be open for this fixture
- We will also be operating our shuttle bus servicThe Entrance from Esher Train Station across the centre of the course will be open for this fixture. e from Esher Station to the Main Entrance
- Please remember that Esher rail station is located outside of Zones 1-6 and that Oyster Cards are not valid when travelling to Esher. A paper ticket must be purchased in advance of travelling
ADMISSION & ARRIVAL INFORMATION
- Gates will open at 11.30
- First Race is 1:20pm
- Feature Race is 3:00pm - The bet365 MILE (GROUP 2)
- Last Race is 4:40pm
- You can access the Racecourse via our Main Entrance (Portsmouth Road) or via our Grandstand Crossing in the centre of the course. Premier ticket holders and Members can also use the Members Crossing in the centre of the course
- Please ensure you have your tickets ready to be scanned on arrival.
- We are continuing to recommend all guests take a Lateral Flow Test before attending our fixtures, but this is not mandatory. You will not be required to show proof of this on entry. We are also continuing to recommend wearing face masks in crowded indoor spaces and checking in via the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival.
- We will be operating both Grandstand and Premier Enclosures for this fixture. Grandstand ticket holders can pay to upgrade to the Premier Enclosure on the day (card/contactless payment only)
FOOD & DRINK
- Food and Drink outlets will be open throughout the Surrey Hall.
- We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions. For betting facilities cash payment will still be accepted, but contactless payments are recommended.
- Picnics are permitted on course as per pre-COVID rules - They can only be consumed in the picnic enclosure by the Racecourse. Please refer to our picnic guidelines for more information
- There will be a roaming band performing around the racecourse throughout the day
- Face masks and maintaining a safe distance from others are encouraged in all indoor areas
- Racecards will be available at this meeting and will be £3.00. They can be purchased at any of the Entrances and Tote outlets
- Please note that our Premier Dress Code will apply to all Premier Enclosure ticket holders
- We are looking forward to welcoming you to bet365 Classic Trial Day at Sandown Park Racecourse. We hope that the weather will be kind, but such is the nature of the great British weather that we cannot guarantee it will be! Therefore we suggest you dress appropriately and keep an eye on the forecasts ahead of the event.