Friday 3 December
The opening day of the Betfair Tingle Creek Festival
Join us for the opening day of the Betfair Tingle Creek Festival when two days of top class Jump racing kicks off with a pulsating six-race card, headlined by the Grade Two Winter Novices’ Hurdle over two and a half miles.
Often seen as an early season pointer for the Cheltenham Festival, the race more often than not produces a smart winner to follow for future campaigns.
Betfair will be recording their popular Racing...Only Bettor podcast live in the Esher Hall from 11.30am, so head down and have a listen to the expert panel.
Also The Talent Duo will be performing at various locations around the racecourse throughout the day.
|12.45pm||The Sargent Fifty Amateur Jockeys’ Handicap Steeple Chase||3m|
|1.15pm||The Pinsent Masons Introductory Juvenile Hurdle Race||2m|
|1.50pm||The Betfair Daily Rewards Novices’ Limited Handicap Steeple Chase||2m 4f|
|2.25pm||The Ballymore Winter Novices’ Hurdle Race (Grade 2)||2m 4f|
|3.00pm||The Betfair Exchange Handicap Steeple Chase||2m|
|3.35pm||The Pertemps Network Handicap Hurdle Race (Qualifier)||2m 7f|
- Complimentary parking is available in the Centre of the Course, accessible via More Lane
- Parking in the Portsmouth Road Car Park is available for £5.00. We expect this Car Park to be busy so we do recommend arriving in good time
- The Entrance from Esher Train Station across the centre of the course will be open for this fixture.
- We will also be operating our shuttle bus service from Esher Station to the Main Entrance.
- Please remember that Esher rail station is located outside of Zones 1-6 and that Oyster Cards are not valid when travelling to Esher. A paper ticket must be purchased in advance of travelling.
- Timings: Gates will open at 10:45 | First Race is 12:45 | Last Race is 15:35
- You can access the Racecourse via our Main Entrance (Portsmouth Road) or via our Grandstand Crossing in the centre of the course. Premier ticket holders and Members can also use the Members Crossing in the centre of the course
- Please ensure you have your tickets ready to be scanned on arrival
- We recommend all guests take a Lateral Flow Test before attending but this is not mandatory. You will not be required to show proof of this on entry.
- We also recommend all attendees check in via the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival. We have the QR codes located around the racecourse to enable you to check in.
- We will be operating both Grandstand and Premier Enclosures for this fixture. Grandstand ticket holders can pay to upgrade to the Premier Enclosure on the day (card/contactless payment only)
Food & Drink
- Food and Drink outlets will be open throughout the Surrey Hall
- We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions. For betting facilities cash payment will still be accepted, but contactless payments are recommended.
- Picnics are permitted on course as per pre-COVID rules - They can only be consumed in the picnic enclosure by the Racecourse. Please refer to our picnic guidelines for more information
- We are looking forward to welcoming you to Tingle Creek Friday at Sandown Park Racecourse. We hope that the weather will be kind, but such is the nature of the great British weather that we cannot guarantee it will be! Therefore we suggest your dress appropriately and keep an eye on the forecasts ahead of the event.
- Face masks and maintaining a safe distance from others are encouraged in all indoor areas.
- Racecards will be available at this meeting and will be £3. They can be purchased at any of the Entrances and Tote outlets
- Please note that our Premier Dress Code will apply to all Premier Enclosure ticket holders.
- More information can be found here.