Spread over three exhilarating days, the Randox Grand National Festival is on Thursday 7 - Saturday 9 April 2022.
The Festival usually welcomes over 150,000 passionate racing fans and thrill-seekers to the Aintree Racecourse, but this year it will take place behind closed doors.
Looking for more details about this prestigious event? Your questions are answered below:
When is the Grand National 2022?
- Liverpool's NHS Day - Thursday 7 April
- Ladies Day - Friday 8 April
- Grand National Day - Saturday 9 April
What time is the Grand National 2022 race?
The crowning event of the Grand National Festival, the Grand National run will be at 5:15pm on the 9 April.
Where is the Grand National?
The Randox Grand National Festival traditionally takes place at Aintree Racecourse, which is just a few miles outside of Liverpool in North West England. Aintree Racecourse has hosted the Grand National Festival since 1839.
How do I watch at home?
For all the ways you can follow the action from home, take a look at our Where to Watch guide.
Can I get tickets for next year?
Tickets are on sale here.
Fun facts about the Grand National
- Red Rum is the most successful horse in Grand National history. This legendary steeplechaser has won the race three times.
- The youngest ever Grand National winner is Bruce Hobbs, who was only 17-years-old. A record that still stands today.
- The prize fund for the Grand National 2017 was a monumental £1 million.
- The film Champions is inspired by jockey Bob Champion, who recovered from cancer and went on to win this prestigious race.