Your Questions Answered
Do you have a question about racing at Aintree? Read on and find the answers.
- There is free car parking available at Aintree on non Grand National meetings.
- For the Grand National Festival there is limited car parking for a fee at the racecourse.
- Parking needs to be pre-booked and is not available for purchase on the day.
- Parking can be booked by calling our Booking Line on 0344 579 3001.
- Other than Steeplechase and County Car Parking, there is no other car parking in and around Aintree Racecourse.
- The easiest way of reaching Aintree is by rail, with Aintree Station directly opposite the racecourse.
- Buses, taxis, private hire and trains all operate to Aintree and special arrangements have been made for them. Please see the sections relating to train, taxi and bus travel for more information on these services.
Don’t miss the opportunity to walk the famous course during your visit [subject to ground conditions].
See some of the famous fences and really appreciate the challenge that is the Randox Health Grand National course.
N.B Full walk not available to Embankment ticket holders. Course walk is only available at the Randox Health Grand National meeting.
Aintree Racecourse is located on the A59, just one mile from the M57 and M58, which link the M62 and M6.
Travel direct to The Grand National Festival with National Express. Coaches head to the racecourse from 13 key UK locations. View our Directions and Parking page for more information.
- Food and drink cannot be brought onto the racecourse and will be confiscated by security staff upon arrival.
- Aintree has a wide range of food and drink concessions on offer in all enclosures.
- Picnics can only be consumed in the Embankment Car Park.
Mobile Ticketing FAQS
Please note app tickets will be temporarily unavailable in December as we return to racing. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Your tickets won’t be visible within the app until you click the link in your confirmation email. Open the email on your mobile device and click the download tickets link to ‘push’ the tickets to the app on your device.
Open the app and navigate to the Plan tab to access your tickets. You can swipe through each of the tickets and click the share button, to share the ticket with a friend. Your friend will receive a unique link, which they will need to click to download the app (if they don’t have it already) to access their ticket.
Cracked screens can prevent the ticket scanners from reading the mobile ticket. We suggest that you access your tickets using a friend’s phone, or print your ticket at home.
As well as being available to download to your phone using The Jockey Club app, your eTickets are also attached as a PDF to the booking confirmation email. If you prefer to use paper, simply print the PDF.
We strongly recommend downloading The Jockey Club app and adding your tickets before you arrive at the racecourse. This will help you to have a quick and hassle-free entry to the course.
You can access The Jockey Club app and your tickets without an internet connection, just make sure your tickets are downloaded to the app before you arrive at the racecourse. The Jockey Club free WiFi is also available at all of The Jockey Club racecourses.
No. The app is free and, in fact, mobile ticketing is the cheapest available option.
When processing your booking you will choose the delivery method of your tickets. If mobile tickets are available for your booking, mobile/print at home will appear as a delivery option for you to select.