Your Questions Answered
Do you have a question about racing at Aintree? Read on and find the answers.
- There is free car parking available at Aintree on non Grand National meetings.
- For the Grand National Festival there is limited car parking for a fee at the racecourse.
- Parking needs to be pre-booked and is not available for purchase on the day.
- Parking can be booked by calling our Booking Line on 0344 579 3001.
- Other than Steeplechase and County Car Parking, there is no other car parking in and around Aintree Racecourse.
- The easiest way of reaching Aintree is by rail, with Aintree Station directly opposite the racecourse.
- Buses, taxis, private hire and trains all operate to Aintree and special arrangements have been made for them. Please see the sections relating to train, taxi and bus travel for more information on these services.
Don’t miss the opportunity to walk the famous course during your visit [subject to ground conditions].
See some of the famous fences and really appreciate the challenge that is the Grand National course.
N.B Full walk not available to Steeplechase ticket holders. Course walk is only available at the Grand National meeting.
Aintree Racecourse is located on the A59, just one mile from the M57 and M58, which link the M62 and M6.
Travel direct to The Grand National Festival with National Express. Coaches head to the racecourse from 13 key UK locations. View our Directions and Parking page for more information.
- Food and drink cannot be brought onto the racecourse and will be confiscated by security staff upon arrival.
- Aintree has a wide range of food and drink concessions on offer in all enclosures.
- Picnics can only be consumed in the Steeplechase Car Park.