RETURNING TO THE RACECOURSE
We understand and share the frustration held by owners that, due to the Public Health England, DCMS, and Safety Advisory Group protocols currently in place, we remain unable to offer the extensive raceday experience that you will no doubt be familiar with.
The guidance and instruction we receive do keep changing. Most recently, Aintree Racecourse was placed into Tier 2 Level restrictions, which means we are once again able to offer a slightly more enhanced experience:
- A maximum of 4 owners per horse may attend on any raceday
- Face coverings must be worn at all times when on-site, except when seated to eat or drink
- There is to be no reallocation of unused badges by either the racecourse, the owner or the trainer
To enable us to ensure that all of the appropriate arrangements are in place, minimise risk for Owners and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all attendees, we ask you to provide us with the details of those who will be attending by no later than 4 pm on the day before the race meeting. Please use the Racecourse PASS System to do this, via https://www.rcapass.com. If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com
Prior to your arrival, please note the following very important points:
- All owners will need to complete a two-stage screening process. This includes the COVID-19 online learning module (available via the ROA website) and a personal health assessment to be completed in advance of raceday, followed by health questions and a temperature check on arrival at the racecourse.
- All owners, guests, and representatives must bring a Photo ID with them to the racecourse. Please also bring your PASS Card if you have one.
- Owners must travel separately in their individual household bubbles. Any Owners traveling together, and mixing household bubbles in cars, will be refused entry.
- Once inside the racecourse owners can only mix with those in their individual household bubble.
- You must wear a face mask when entering the racecourse and in all areas at all times. Face masks may only be removed when seated to eat or drink.
- Owners on course will have access to an area that will be separated from raceday professionals, who have undergone a more rigorous health screening process. For infection control purposes, no movement will be permitted between the two areas of the racecourse.
On arrival at Aintree, please follow the signs from Ormskirk Road which will guide you to the Entrance and Car Park. Please note there will be no longer be any access to the racecourse via Seeds Lane for Owners, contrary to previous race meetings at Aintree in 2020.
We strongly advise against the use of Public Transport to travel to Aintree.
We are pleased to be able to offer you a complimentary 3-course lunch followed by afternoon tea. In Tier 2, we are permitted to serve alcohol as part of a ‘substantial meal’ and any drinks can be ordered from your table during your meal. Please be aware, we are operating a ‘cashless’ site so all payments must be made by card.
For those owners fortunate to win races during the day, we will provide you with a winning memento, photograph, and a recording of the race itself (TVinaCard).
Our Owners’ Liaison, Carly Sage, is available to assist and answer any questions you may have. She can be contacted on 0151 522 2959 or alternatively by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Aintree, and we apologise that we cannot give you the day out you may have hoped for, but if you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note: Owners may not pass their unused badges to owners without horses competing that day or to other racegoers. This is a breach of the current restriction imposed by the UK, Wales and Scottish governments on spectators attending all sports events behind closed doors, whatever Tier they are in.