Join us on Friday 8 May for what will be one of the most incredible race meetings ever staged at Warwick, for the 75th Anniversary of the Victory in Europe.
This huge community occasion will feature a free street party in the centre of the course seating 1500 people, where picnics will be welcome (*conditions apply), as well as a level of entertainment never seen at the racecourse before!
All traditional VE Day activities will take place including the Last Post and Toast of the Heroes.
- FREE traditional fairground rides including; dodgems, helter skelters, chair-o-planes, carousels and the Kentucky Derby roller racer
- Lots of side stalls and fun and games
- The first 500 children through the turnstiles will receive a FREE hand held union jack flag
- Display of Wartime Civilian vehicles by Jaguar/Land Rover classics
- A Spitfire Fly past from the Royal Airforce
- The Bugler supplied by Warwick School
- A display of model flying wartime replica planes
- 'Celebrating the Pigeon' Racing
- Horse racing during the War Display with historian Chris Pitt
And lots more…..not to mention the live racing!
The Royal Logistic Corps Silver Stars Army Parachute Display Team dates back to September 1963 and was the first army parachute display team to be established.
It currently comprises approximately 25 regular and reserve personnel. They conduct displays at low and medium altitudes, to include stack formations.
11:05am Gates Open
12.30pm Corp of Drums March Past
1.15pm RLC Silver Stars Parachute Team Display
2.05pm Race One
2.15pm Armed Forces Covenant Signing
2:40p Race Two
2.55pm Last Post / Nations Toast / Battle is O’Er Bagpipe
3:15pm Race Three
3.50pm Race Four – Military Riders Race
5.30pm Last Race
Throughout the day there will be live music from a Vera Lynn Tribute act and The Polka Dot Peaches.
The Polka Dot Peaches
The Polka Dot Peaches have huge voices and even bigger personalities to match!
With an extensive repertoire from 1940s – 1960s including wartime specific productions as well as modern tunes sang in a vintage close harmony style too!
the spa strummers in the Hook Norton Beer Tent
Local Ukelele Band, The Spa Strummers in the Beer Tent to get the atmosphere going.
Warwick Corps of Drums
Warwick Corps of Drums will be parading around the racecourse throughout the day.
Warwick Corps of Drums are a registered Charity and offers musical training and performance opportunities to boys and girls, young men and women from South Warwickshire and neighbouring areas.
Purchase your enclosure tickets and save £5 today.
- In advance from £10
- On the day from £15
- Over 75s go FREE
- Under 18s go FREE
Find out about hospitality available in the 1707 Restaurant on our Victory in Europe Raceday.
- Under 12s from £20pp
- 12-17yrs from £65pp
- Adults from £95pp