We work very hard to make sure our course is accessible to everyone, regardless of their ability and whatever their needs. We welcome racegoers with disabilities and offers a range of facilities to enable them to get the most from their day.
We request that all carer tickets required for The Derby are arranged in advance. Please see our Carer Admission Policy below for details and contact us on 01372 726 311 to discuss your options.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Parking for guests with disabilities is situated in Car Park 10 which is close to the Racecourse entrance – please show stewards your blue badge and they will direct you to the parking bays. Please note our car parks for race days are located on grass, not hard-standing surfaces. Our stewards will direct you to the most suitable spaces.
- At the three entrances to the racecourse, there are access points for wheelchair users, semi-ambulant visitors and those accompanied by assistance dogs.
- Complimentary general admission ticket for carers/assistants – please contact us in advance to arrange the ticket on 01372 726 311, proof of eligibility will be requested, details of which can be found in our Disabled and Carer Policy.
- Disabled/wheelchair user toilet facilities on each floor of the Duchess’s Stand and the Queen Elizabeth II Stand.
- Only one carer/assistant accompanying one disabled person will be allowed on the viewing platform.
- Disabled viewing areas for race days (excluding The Derby) are along the front of the grandstand on the viewing platform, on Level 1 Balcony on the Duchess's Stand and on Level 1 Blue Riband Balcony in the Queen Elizabeth II Stand.
- At The Derby Grandstand Enclosure ticket holders will be able to access the viewing platform along the running rail or the Level 1 Balcony of the Duchess's Stand.
- Lifts accessible to wheelchair users
- Refreshment areas accessible to wheelchair users
- Assistance dogs are welcome to attend with their owners without additional charge subject to production upon entry of a valid identification document from Assistance Dogs (UK) or an equivalent international organization. A separate ticket is not required however owners should notify the racecourse in advance upon booking their event day tickets so that any necessary arrangements can be made.
- First Aid facilities
Race day Admission
Entrance on the day cannot be guaranteed for every fixture. We advise all customers to arrange their tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. A guest with disabilities who is coming racing with an accompanying carer/assistant will only be charged for a single admission as their carer/assistant will gain complimentary admission.
If you would like to find out more about the facilities and access at Epsom Downs Racecourse, a Detailed Accessibility Guide has been created by our partner AccessAble.