Your raceday experience may be slightly different this summer.
With excitement on the track and a colourful spectacle all around we promise to look after you from the moment you arrive. With our facilities being regularly cleaned and our racecourse staff trained to comply will all current guidance, you can rest assured that we will do our utmost to make your day as enjoyable and safe as possible.
When you return things will probably look a little different to your last racecourse visit but we have been racing safely behind closed doors for many months. We have been in close liaison throughout with our industry colleagues, sporting authorities, and the Government to share best practice and continue to provide a safe environment for your return to live racing.
Please see below and visit our Welcome Back hub for further information.
INFORMATION FOR YOUR RACEDAY
- Please follow the stewards instructions and park in the Park & Ride next to the Racecourse
What to bring on the day:
- Your e-ticket either digitally or printed with your name visible plus Photo ID.
- Please call our team on 0115 958 0620 if you have any concerns.
- Champions Bar will be offering alcoholic drinks plus soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- Outdoor food and drink concessions will also be available.
- All food and drink must be consumed whilst seated.
- Indoor seating will be available in Champions Bar and the Trackside Lawn Marquee
We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions.
- We will be operating cashless sales throughout our food and drink outlets, including concessions.
- For betting facilities cash payment will still be accepted, but contactless payments are recommended.
- In line with government guidelines, all drinks must be consumed seated and to make this as smooth as possible for you, we will be using a QR code ordering system. You will be asked to create an account when placing your first order, this same account will allow you to order and pay for drinks throughout the day. Once your account has been created, it can also be used at other Jockey Club Racecourses
- To prepare for your day, please ensure your phone is fully charged, you have a payment card with you to set up your account and you are aware of how to scan QR codes with your phone; (some older android phones may require you to download a QR code reader – this can be done for free from the Google Playstore).
- No cash machines will be available on site
- Face masks are required in all indoor areas and while viewing the racing from the steppings area. We actively encourage the use of face masks in all areas to ensure your safety but in uncovered, outdoor areas, it is not mandatory.
- If you are exempt from wearing a mask you must bring a letter proof of exception
- Social distancing will be required around the venue and we ask you to support our teams with this by following one-way systems and signage appropriately.
- In line with the government guidelines, you must be seated while eating and drinking.
- Please be aware that all areas are external with the exception of Champions Bar and the Trackside Lawn Marquee so please do dress for the weather
WHETHER YOU ARE RAILSIDE OR ATTENDING A SPECIAL EVENT, HERE ARE A FEW GUIDELINES
Premier Enclosure & Hospitality
There is a smart casual dress code for the Premier Enclosure which stipulates no untidy attire, shorts, t-shirts, trainers or Fancy Dress. This dress code also applies for our Sherwoods Restaurant and Hospitality Boxes.
In hot weather we do allow tailored shorts within the Premier Enclosure. Collared Shirts and smart jeans will be permitted.
We always expect a reasonable level of dress however there are no strict rules for the Grandstand Enclosure.
- Anyone wearing untidy attire, shorts, sports clothing or Fancy Dress will be refused access, but please note we do not insist on jacket and ties.
- 80s Night we are relaxing the usual dress code with fancy dress encouraged. Please ensure that your outfit is not too revealing, untidy or could be deemed offensive.
- See our TERMS OF ENTRY for more information on our dress code.
If you are unsure please call our racecourse office on 01159 580 620.