Ahead of the Rose of Lancaster Stakes Ladies Day on 10th August, Hollyoaks star and Ladies Day Ambassador for Haydock Park Racecourse, Lauren McQueen, has offered racegoers her top tips for a successfully stylish trip to the races.
As ambassador for the Merseyside racecourse, Lauren’s role includes fronting its Style Stakes; a fashion competition amongst attendees which will be judged by style expert Gok Wan, who will then entertain the crowds with a post-racing DJ set.
To give racegoers looking to enter the Style Stakes competition, Lauren has provided a set of handy hints when it comes to looking and feeling your best at the races:
- Push the boundaries and live out your style fantasies, especially on Ladies Day when more really is more to stand out from the crowd
- Definitely wear a hat; when else do you get the chance to sport some fabulous headwear!?
- Choose comfy heels and break them in pre-raceday. You want to enjoy spending the day with friends and tak in the racing action, not scouting out seats because your feet are hurting
- Bright colours are huge this season, so choose something that really pops out amongst the greenery of the course. The hot pink trouser suit from Zara that I modelled for Haydock Park was quite daring for me, but I felt amazing in it
- Consider bringing a blazer or jacket that tops off your outfit and provides a handy coverup for the post-racing evening action when you’re dancing to the DJ set. Plus, an oversized boyfriend blazer slung over the shoulders instantly makes any dress that little bit cooler
Lauren has also taken part in an exclusive fashion shoot for the course in order to provide racegoers with some style inspiration, modelling ensembles from high street favourites such as Zara as well as North West fashion houses, Forever Unique and Nadine Merabi.