OWNERS & TRAINERS at newmarket racecourses
We are delighted to be able to welcome you back to Newmarket Racecourses for our 2021 season. In line with the Government coronavirus legislation owners or their representatives attending British race meetings will be asked to gather in no more than groups of six people and in light of this we are able to offer owners 6 badges per runner but respectfully advise that we cannot increase beyond that number.
We understand that your raceday experience will be very different from what you are used to so please take your time to familiarise yourself with the information on our website. Our Owners and Trainers Liaison, Anna Metekohy is available to assist and answer any questions you may have and can be contacted via the details below.
For those in attendance at the QIPCO Guineas Festival, please be aware that the A142 will be closed for roadworks from 8pm on Friday 30 April to 6am on Monday 3 May. Further information can be found here.
RETURNING TO THE RACECOURSE
You will have received information from the BHA outlining the procedures in place and the protocols required to be completed prior to you being allowed on the racecourse as an owner. These protocols also apply to anybody else you nominate to attend with you, or representing you on the day.
Owners on course will have access to the Amber Zone, which will be separated from raceday workers (trainers, stable staff, jockeys, officials, media etc.), who have undergone a more rigorous health screening process. For infection control purposes, no movement will be permitted between the two areas of the racecourse.
- All owners must ensure that they have read and understood the Owners’ Protocols. Guidelines published
- Complete an online education module – Covid-19 information for participants of the racing industry – prior to the raceday. This is hosted on the ROA website and will take no longer than 20 minutes.
- Complete the health screening assessment prior to attending the racecourse. This is included in the Owners’ Protocols and will need to be completed each time you attend the racecourse
- Register attendees through the PASS system –and submit the names of the individual(s) who will attend the racecourse by 4pm the day before racing. If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not register multiple guest attendees in the same name
Without exception, anybody who has not pre-registered or fails any of the outlined protocols will not be permitted entry to the racecourse.
- Gates open 45min before the first race
- Please enter via the Main Entrance on Rowley Mile Drive and follow the signposts and Steward instructions upon arrival
- The arrival checkpoint can be found at Premier Entrance 1 at which you will be asked to:
- Undertake a temperature Check
- Confirm you have pre-registered to attend through the PASS system
- Present photo ID
- Answer the health screening questions
- The designated Owners’ car park will be appropriately signed.
Please ensure you wear your facemask at all times.
Once you have passed all these protocols you will be issued with your Owners and Trainers badge which must be kept on display at all times whilst on site.
- We are providing a dedicated owners area which is highlighted in amber on the map. Here you will find:
- The Bistro. Located in the Courtyard. Restaurant serving complimentary canteen-style catering, soft and hot drinks. Pre-booking is required. Booking Form Lynda Burton - Runners Lounge Manager Email: Lounge@thejockeyclub.co.uk Tel: 07707 509411
- The Guineas Suite. Located on the first floor of the Head on Stand. Bar serving tea, coffee and soft drinks. Reserved viewing area available
- Betting Facilities available – Tote and Bookmaker present
- Trackside viewing area available
- Accessible restroom facilities
- Winning connections will be invited to a socially distanced presentation and get to watch a replay of their race in the Royal Box
- All floor markings/signage and instructions from raceday personnel must be observed and follow the one way systems in operation.
- Please observe good hand washing hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be freely available throughout the course
- Please maintain 2 metre social distancing guidelines and wear face coverings at all times (unless eating and drinking).
- A debrief with your trainer and jockey is possible at designated points but please be aware access to the green zone is strictly prohibited and social distancing guidelines should continue to be followed.
(Please note that racecards will not be available in their usual format however a digital version can be downloaded from our website.)
important information for racehorse owners
We are pleased to be able to welcome back owners to our racecourses in line with the Government’s roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions.
As part of a phased, risk-managed approach, attendance at our racecourses from April 12th will be limited to a maximum of six owners per horse, unless when stipulated otherwise. Owners attending must comply with our terms and conditions of entry and the Government restrictions, including regarding social mixing between households.
Light refreshments will be available and there will be no time limit on how long owners are permitted to remain on course.
We wish you every success on the day and look forward to you joining us at our racecourse soon.
Further information and more details are available in the BHA's Owners Guide.