Getting to Newmarket Racecourse...
Here's all the directions you will need to know for visiting us at Newmarket Racecourses.
For any general enquiries please call our Customer Relations Team on 01638 675500 - option 4.
Travelling by car to the Rowley Mile?
(Spring & Autumn Racing)
The A11 and A14 provide easy access from the major cities of East Anglia and from the M11 and A1 / M1 respectively.
Sat Nav postcode: CB8 0TF
If you are travelling along the M11 from London please use the following directions:
Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich.
After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket.
After 5 miles take the third exit at the roundabout.
Travel along the Cambridge Road for 1 mile and then turn left, signposted Rowley Mile Conference Centre.
Turn left again and you will be on the Rowley Mile drive.
Please see other transport options for how else you can get to the Rowley Mile.
- The Rowley Mile offers ample free car parking.
- We have dedicated blue badge parking in both the Premier and Public car parks. If you require assistance from your car our car parking attendants will be able to radio the golf buggy which will take you to your point of entry, this service can not accommodate wheelchairs.
Electric Car Charging Points
- There are four electric charging points situated in the Annual Badge Car Park located to the left of the Premier Enclosure at the Rowley Mile. This service is available free of charge during racedays at the Rowley Mile.
- A taxi rank is located outside the Premier Entrance, at the front of the Annual Badge Holders car park.
Private Hire Cars Pick Up/Drop off Area
- This is located outside the Premier Entrance, at the front of the Annual Badge Holders car park on the right hand side as you exit the Premier Entrance.
Travelling by car to the July Course?
The postcode to the July Course is CB8 0XE
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich.
- After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket.
- After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse
We recommend you avoid Newmarket High Street on racedays to avoid congestion.
Please see other transport options for how else you can get to the July Course.
The July Course is situated in rural Cambridgeshire, we are kindly loaned fields for parking belonging to our neighbours, The National Stud, where the likes of Dick Turpin and Toronado have spent many an afternoon grazing. Please note, the route you are manually directed to for The July Course will not be the shortest route, in terms of distance. However it will allow you to approach the racecourse, enter and park in the correct car park in the fastest time possible.
Our Premier Parking is not available over our July Racecourse, we have ample free parking on site.
During our busier days please allow up to 2 hours to exit the car parks.
- Parking within the public car parks is free to all those attending the race meeting.
- Verge parking orders are now in place for all roads leading to the July Course. Anyone parking on verges approaching the course will be ticketed or towed away.
- If you choose to park in Newmarket town, please respect our local neighbours and do not park in front of driveways. We have a free bus service from Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Train Station.
- Accessible parking areas are accessed via Gate 4 for ticket holders in the Grandstand & Paddock and Garden Enclosure. For Premier or Grandstand & Paddock enclosure ticket holders please use Gate 2. If you require assistance from your car our car parking attendants will be able to radio the golf buggy which will take you to your point of entry, this service can not accommodate wheelchairs.
- A taxi rank is located outside Premier Entrance 1, at the front of the white car park.
Private Hire Pick Up/ Drop Off
- There is a designated pick up and drop off area within the racecourse car parks for private hire cars and minibuses (15 seats or less). All vehicles using this area must enter the racecourse via Gate 2 and turn immediately right where they will be able to wait in designated waiting bays for 15 minutes. All vehicles must then exit via Gate 3 as there is a one way system in operation. This area will be signed for pedestrians and vehicles. Please see the attached map for the location.
Any vehicles picking up or dropping off on the roundabout will be stopped.
- Traffic to the site can build up at peak times, and therefore we would advise you arrive early to avoid being delayed. In addition, especially on Newmarket Nights the traffic exiting the course can escalate, so please do be aware of this when making your travel arrangements.
- Several bars remain open for approx. 1 hour (dependent on demand) after the last race on all race days and after the concerts. During the July Festival there will be Après Racing after-parties that continue for approx. 1.5 hours post the last race. During our sell out concerts please allow up to 2 hours to exit the car parks.
- On exiting the car parks, please note the route you will manually be directed will not be the shortest route but it will allow you to exit the Car Parks in the shortest time possible.
Newmarket Racecourses in collaboration with our traffic management company (CSP) annually review our traffic management strategies in consultation with the Local Council, Police and Highways Agency.
Map Marker: Rowley Mile Racecourse
Map Marker: The July Course
Map Marker: The National Stud
Map Marker: Newmarket Train Station
Map Marker: The Jockey Club Rooms
Map Marker: Warren Hill Gallops
Map Marker: Westfield House Stables
Where to find us
our racecourses are in gold
Other places of interest highlighted on the map include The National Stud, Westfield House Stables, Newmarket Train Station, Jockey Club Rooms and Warren Hill Gallops.View the Racecourse on Google Maps