On Wednesday 22nd May, the Jockey Club Challenge Charity Race will be held at Warwick Racecourse in aid of Your Local Air Ambulance.
Do you enjoy riding out, hunting or have previously held a jockey license and fancy getting back in the saddle? There is no better reason to put your breeches back on to raise money for Your Local Air Ambulance in The Jockey Club Challenge Charity Race.
Previous entrant and now Marketing Executive for the course, Hannah Hawkins reminisced about the race;
“Having previously held a Point-To-Point License, this was a great opportunity to get back in the saddle and ride on a professional racecourse. Naturally, given my interest in outdoor and countryside pursuits, I understand the vital need for continued support of Your Local Air Ambulance Service.”
All riders wishing to race must pass a medical assessment to confirm their fitness and must agree to receive medical attention should it be deemed necessary.
A one day assessment will take place at either the British Racing School or Northern Racing College, ahead of the race and all riders must participate. Exemptions of this course will be granted to those who can provide evidence for the below criteria:
- Current holders of a jockey’s licence
- Former holders of a jockey’s licence (Unless the licence was revoked for medical reasons)
- Stable Staff (Who must provide evidence from a trainer that they ride out on a regular basis)
- Professional Hunt Staff
- Anyone who has completed five or more point to points or Arab races in the last two years
- Licensed Trainers (Who must provide evidence that they ride out on a regular basis)
- Event riders who have competed at Intermediate level and won at least 30 eventing points.
The equipment required to take part must be provided by the riders and must meet the new mandatory back protector and new skull cup regulations.
All riders are responsible for finding their own horses and this race is suitable for four year olds and upwards who have run at least twice under recognised Rules of Racing. If you are uncertain about the horses eligible, they must meet the below requirements:
- All horses to be rated: 0-125 for hurdlers/steeplechasers or 0-65 for flat horses
- Point-to-pointers can also run subject to individual clearance, if they are stabled within the yards of licenced trainers.
- All horses to be vaccinated in accordance with Rule E18/19 of the Rules of Racing and to come from yards of Trainers licensed by the British Horseracing Authority.
Each rider is requested to raise a minimum of £1000 sponsorship in aid of Your Local Air Ambulance as well as a deposit of £150 made payable to Warwick Racecourse.
Deposits need to be received before 31st March 2019 and the minimum target of £1000 must be achieved by Wednesday 15th May 2019.
Each rider will be insured for Personal Accident & Public Liability from Weighing Out until Weighing In.
With a maximum of 12 riders able to take part in this unique charity race, we recommend that you get your applications in as soon as possible.
If you would like to take part in this race, please contact Thomas Williams by email: Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org.