How are you arriving to the Racecourse?
Are you travelling by bus, train or taxi to Cheltenham Racecourse? See below our travel advice.
If you're also considering travelling via Helicopter or private plane, see below where to fly into and who is best to contact.
ARE YOU ARRIVING BY BUS OR COACH?
- National Express - National Express offer dedicated services to The Festival™ presented by Magners from many locations across the UK. The coach will get you to The Festival with plenty of time to place your bets and won’t depart until all the races have finished. Customers who purchase a National Express coach travel will receive their e-ticket via email provided in the booking. Please check your junk folders just in case the confirmation email was delivered there instead of your inbox.
- Racecourse Buses - There is a dedicated bus service from South Car Park into Cheltenham and Cheltenham Spa station for The November Meeting, New Year's Day and The Festival. For all other meetings, bus stops can be found just along the Evesham Road from the main roundabout.
- Local Buses - Stagecoach service D and E runs every 10 minutes during the day and between 10 minutes and every hour from Monday to Saturday evenings. The service runs every 20 minutes on Sundays. (On the two biggest events it will run every 15 minutes not 10).
- At The Festival™ presented by Magners, a shuttle bus service operates. Picking up at Cheltenham Spa Railway Station and outside WH Smith in the centre of town before dropping off at the Racecourse. Return buses pick up from the Racecourse with stops at Pittville Street and then the Station.
- View more shuttle bus information
- Return from Station - £5
- Single from Station - £3
- Single from Town - £3
- Single from Racecourse - £3
- For The Festival, the 'D' bus will be rerouted around the course. No stops will be missed.
- Coaches - The relevant signs will direct you to this area, please follow the marked 'coaches' routes. Please note that buses with 15 seats or less, including limousines, will need to purchase a public car parking pass.
ARRIVING BY TAXI?
- The Hackney Taxi rank is accessed via the Main Entrance off the roundabout, adjacent to the Main Drive entrance.
do you want to arrive by helicopter? or by plane?
Birmingham and Bristol's airports provide flights to many national and international destinations. Gloucestershire Airport is in Staverton at junction 11 of the M5 and can schedule private flights. There is a helipad at the racecourse, view more information about the helipad.
Cheltenham Racecourse welcomes arrivals on race days by helicopter, and operates the busiest temporary airfield in the UK, receiving 400 flights over The Festival™ presented by Magners week alone.
Racegoers can arrive in style directly into our helifield, and can catch our shuttle service down to the Racecourse main site. Tickets will need to be shown before alighting or can be purchased from the driver.
The heliport is a temporary, licensed, surface level heliport located just outside the northeast corner of Cheltenham Racecourse.
All visiting aircraft must pre-book landings with our partner, FreshAir Helicopters Limited. They can be contacted via their website (www.freshair-uk.com) or by e-mail (email@example.com) and will provide full pilot briefings on confirmation of booking.
On race days, Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Service Category H2 is provided at Cheltenham Heliport, as are two fuelling spots.
Helicopter landings are also available by arrangement outside of race days and can be booked via FreshAir Helicopters Limited on the above details.
are you arriving by train?
- Trains from London to Cheltenham Spa generally run hourly and take about two hours.
- Trains from Birmingham generally run every half an hour and take about 35 minutes.
- From Bristol, trains leave every hour and take about 35 minutes.
- The racecourse is a 10-minute taxi ride from the station.
- There will be some disruptions between Bristol Temple Meads and Cheltenham Spa, you can view disruption information here.
Travelling from London to The Festival™ presented by Magners?