for cheltenham racecourse only
When booking a ticket to attend Cheltenham and The Festival™ Presented by Magners through our website you should do so in the complete confidence that if the event is ever cancelled in advance you will be issued with a full and automatic refund.
Full refunds for tickets will be given if racing is abandoned before the first race.
A 50% refund will be given if racing is abandoned before the third race or feature race. Regrettably, refunds cannot be made on racedays.
- Hospitality clients should call 01242 537653 to discuss their individual bookings
- If tickets, badges or car park labels were purchased in advance via the ticket hotline or online an automatic refund will be made to the original payment method and most can be expected within 14 days
- If tickets, badges or car park labels were purchased in advance by credit/debit card on-site at Cheltenham Racecourse, an automatic refund will be made to the original payment method and most can be expected within 14 days
- If tickets, badges or car park labels were purchased on site at Cheltenham Racecourse, on the day of racing or by cash in advance, they should be sent to the address below where the refund will be made and returned. Customers are requested to apply for refunds by post within one month of the fixture. Refunds by this method can take up to 28 days to be processed
- Please post to: Bookings Department (Ticket Refunds), Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4SH
For our full information on our abandonment policy please see point 16 on our General Entry Terms & Conditions
- If we receive a request from the customer using the refund ticket portal 28 clear calendar days or more before the date on which the race meeting to which a ticket relates commences – a refund of 75% of the ticket price as stated on your ticket (excluding any booking fees and posting costs incurred by the Customer which will not be refundable) will be given.
- If we receive a request from the customer using the refund ticket portal between 27 and 7 clear calendar days before the date on which the race meeting to which a ticket relates commences – a refund of 50% of the ticket price as stated on your ticket (excluding any booking fees and posting costs incurred by the Customer which will not be refundable) will be given.
- If we receive a request from the customer within 7 calendar days of the date on which the race meeting to which a ticket relates commences – no refund will be given.
- Complete this refund form
- You will receive an e-mail acknowledgment of your request
- Your refund is then checked for validity by the refunds department at Cheltenham Racecourse
- If your refund application is valid you will be advised by email that the ticket(s) have been cancelled
- You will then need to send the ticket(s) including print at home and applicable swing badge to Refunds Department, Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, GL50 4SH in order for the refund to be made
Please note no refunds will be made until a physical ticket or swing badge has been received back
- Once the ticket is received back, it is checked for validity, refunded and a standard confirmation email will be sent to you plus advice to check account as payments may take up to 14 days to appear on the purchasing account
For orders requiring cash or another method of refund, the customer will be contacted directly and followed up via email.
Please note refunds for Cheltenham Racecourse only will only be accepted via this ticket refund portal, we no longer accept refund requests by email, phone or in person.
- The cancellation and refund rights under this policy only apply to standard tickets for racing events.
If you are unable to use your raceday ticket, please note, we do not refund the following tickets:
- Packaged tickets such as:
- Raceday Essential Packages
- Saver Packages
- Car Parking
- Any food or drink upsells
- Guinness Grandstand Tickets
- Club and Tattersalls Grandstand Seats
- Centaur Party Package
- Annual memberships
- RacePass 18-24
- Group ticket bookings
- Any package which incorporates an entry ticket with any form of hospitality or catering such as Private Box Packages or Restaurant Packages
- Tickets for non-racing events at our racecourses such as concerts
- Apply before Monday 2nd March at 23:59 for a refund for Day One
- Apply before Tuesday 3rd March at 23:59 for a refund for Day Two
- Apply before Wednesday 4th March at 23:59 for a refund for Day Three
- Apply before Thursday 5th March at 23:59 for a refund for Day Four