Cheltenham Racecourse refunds
Cheltenham Racecourse Refunds Policy
Please note refunds will only be accepted via this ticket refund portal, we no longer accept refund requests by email, phone or in person.
A customer who has purchased a ticket only (please see below) to a raceday may request a refund of their ticket in accordance with the following terms:
- If we receive a request from the customer using the refund ticket portal 28 clear calendar days or more before the date on which the race meeting to which a ticket relates commences – a refund of 75% of the ticket price as stated on your ticket (excluding any booking fees and posting costs incurred by the Customer which will not be refundable) will be given.
- If we receive a request from the customer using the refund ticket portal between 27 and 7 clear calendar days before the date on which the race meeting to which a ticket relates commences – a refund of 50% of the ticket price as stated on your ticket (excluding any booking fees and posting costs incurred by the Customer which will not be refundable) will be given.
- If we receive a request from the customer within 7 calendar days of the date on which the race meeting to which a ticket relates commences – no refund will be given.
Please note the Policy applies to the following tickets:
- The cancellation and refund rights under this policy only apply to standard tickets for racing events.
They do not apply to the following tickets/contracts:
- Packaged tickets such as a Gold Package and those including a racecard
- Annual memberships including RacePass 18-24
- Group ticket Bookings
- Any package which incorporates an entry ticket with any form of hospitality or catering such as Private Box Packages or Restaurant Packages
- Tickets for non-racing events at our racecourses such as concerts
If you want to apply for a refund please follow the steps below
- Complete this refund form
- You will receive an e-mail acknowledgement of your request
- Your refund is then checked for validity by the refunds department at Cheltenham Racecourse
- If your refund application is valid you will be advised by email that the ticket(s) have been cancelled
- You will then need to send the ticket(s) including print at home and applicable swing badge to Refunds Department, Cheltenham Racecourse, Cheltenham, GL50 4SH in order for the refund to be made
Please note no refunds will be made until a physical ticket or swing badge has been received back
- Once the ticket is received back, it is checked for validity, refunded and a standard confirmation email will be sent to you plus advice to check account as payments may take up to 14 days to appear on the purchasing account
For orders requiring cash or another method of refund, the customer will be contacted directly and followed up via email.
Refunds if racing is abandoned
Full refunds for tickets will be given if racing is abandoned before the first race. A 50% refund will be given if racing is abandoned before the third race or feature race. Regrettably, no cash refunds can be given on the day. Customers are requested to apply for refunds by post within one month of the fixture except for tickets purchased in advance, for which refunds will be processed automatically.
For our full information on our abandonment policy please see point 16 on our General Entry Terms & Conditions