Following the Government’s latest decision lifting the “Lockdown” measures Wincanton Golf Club is delighted to announce that the Course will be open for business from 0800 hrs on Thursday, May 14th, 2020. The Thursday opening will enable time for the Course to get set-up to accord with Government health guidelines, but advanced bookings for Tee times can be made from Wednesday, May 13th.
Play will only be permitted with an advanced Tee booking (call 01963 435850) and will be subject to conditions, see below. This includes Members and non-Members. Tee times will be restricted to once every 15 minutes from 0815 hrs to 1600 hrs. Maximum of three players per hole (from the same household), maximum of two players per hole from separate households. Play is limited to 9 holes only.
Advanced bookings can only be made one day head of the intended Tee time and only one round of 9 holes can be booked at any one time (call 01963 435850).
Paid-up Members for the 20/21 year will be required until further notice to book tee times in advance of attending the course.
- Pay & Play
Non-members are very welcome and can play a 9 hole round for £10 (accept card payment only) – NO CASH. Please pay at the front desk in the Club House on arrival in the usual fashion.
- Changing Rooms
The changing rooms will not be open for use. A first-floor toilet will be available in the clubhouse.
- Golf Shop
The Golf Shop will not be open for business other than for the purchase of balls and tees. Please see the assistant. The matter will be kept under review.
- Trolley Rental
Subject to availability.
Available by prior arrangement. Enquire on 01963 435850.
Refreshments such as coffee, alcohol and snacks will not be available. The matter will be kept under review.
- Etiquette on site
- Please arrive on site no more than 15 minutes before your reserved tee time. Change your shoes in the car park
- Please report to the front desk your name and tee time, but please respect a maximum of two members of the public in reception at any one time. Please respect social distancing
- The 9 holes must be played in order
- All golfers are asked to leave the venue as soon as the game is completed
- Course Rules / Operations
- Do not hug each other or shake hands pre, or post round
- Flagsticks must stay in at all times
- Avoid picking up other player’s golf balls or handling their equipment
- Wash hands immediately after your round
- In all general play games, people are urged to give putts where possible
- When walking the course please keep your distance between players in your group
- Hole cups will be inverted to aid ball retrieval
- Ball washers will be out of service
- The cleaning compressor will be out of service.
The situation is very fluid and we will keep it under constant review and adapt where and when we can to give you the best experience and value to enjoy your golf.
The success of the return to allowing golfers back to their sport will very much depend on the cooperation of all to abide by the rules set out above, including those health guidelines set out by the Government. Any transgression of the above guidelines may necessitate a review of the opening times and/or conditions and we will expect and appreciate your full cooperation.
Assuring you of my best attention.
Huw Williams - General Manager of Wincanton Racecourse