Friday 30 July
OLLY MURS LIVE AFTER EVENING RACING ON FRIDAY 30 july 2021
Olly Murs will perform his biggest hits, including tracks from his recently certified triple platinum album ‘Never Been Better’ when he headlines Newmarket Racecourses on Friday 30 July.
We’re looking forward to welcoming back live music at Newmarket and for the atmosphere that it will create, something we know so many of you have missed over recent months and can't wait to experience again.
Following confirmation from the government that outdoor gatherings can take place at full capacity, we’ve been working closely with Public Health teams and other local organisations to ensure our events will be safe and enjoyable for everyone attending and in line with local and national guidance. We hope you have a fantastic time at Evening Racing followed by Olly Murs.
We recognise that it’s been a long time since most people were around others in significant numbers, so we wanted to explain what you can expect on the night. Although there are a number of changes to restrictions in England which take effect from July 19, we will continue to encourage you to take a number of steps to prioritise your safety and wellbeing:
- The government have removed restrictions on the number of spectators who can attend sporting events outdoors. This event is therefore only limited by the normal venue capacity and we all have a personal responsibility to make choices to protect the health of ourselves and those around us.
- There will be a lot of people attending this event. To reduce the chance of being caught in a large queue please consider arriving early and delaying your departure. Gates are open two hours before the first race and our bars and food concessions will remain open for up to an hour after the performance ends. There will also be a food/coffee unit in the white and orange car parks.
- If you prefer to enjoy the concert in a less busy environment we will have the performance showing on our large screens in the Garden Enclosure and at the rear of the stage.
- There will be a left luggage facility in our Blue Car Park, opposite Premier 2 entrance. Bags no larger than 40x35x19cm are permitted into the venue.
- If you have Garden Enclosure tickets you may bring picnic furniture and a picnic if you wish but no furniture or large bags can be brought up to the main concert area once racing has finished.
- Drug detection dogs and bag searching will be in operation at all entrances.
Please take a look at our spectator code of conduct, which is in place across all Jockey Club racecourses. We are asking all attendees to read this in advance of the raceday.
It’s important to remember that it will be busier around the racecourse than we have been used to in recent times, a feeling which most us have not experienced for a while. While we appreciate that the majority will be enjoying this return of live music and the shared experience it creates, others might not adjust to these relaxing of restrictions in the same way.
If you begin to feel uncomfortable or are concerned for the wellbeing of someone else, please speak to one of our teams who will be on hand to help.
Once the concert has finished, we would appreciate you leaving calmly and quietly and respecting local residents.
We look forward to welcoming you to Newmarket Racecourses.
Travelling to the racecourse
- Please allow plenty of time for your journey. Pre-book taxis or use our free shuttle bus service from Newmarket Train Station and the High Street, commencing two hours before the first races and the return journeys start after the last race and run until the site is clear
- Or book our Outrider Bus Service (only available for music events) ahead of the day (places are limited) via our website or call 0344 579 3010 / 01638 675500, option 4. Masks are compulsory on these bus services. If you're driving please follow all directional signage when leaving as traffic management will be in place.
What to bring on the day
- We suggest you screenshot your E-ticket ahead of the day to ensure you can display it at the entrance or download E-tickets via the app before you arrive on course. If you have any difficulty printing your E-ticket please call the team on 0344 579 3010.
- If you have booked for the Premier Enclosure, hospitality or dining you will also receive your swing badge or wrist band in the post. Please also remember your face covering
Covid 19 Safety Measures
- We recommend all spectators take regular lateral flow tests to help manage the ongoing risk of transmitting Covid 19 and to vaccinate where possible to maximise protection to fellow racegoers and staff working at the fixture.
- There will be an NHS QR code at entry to the racecourse and we encourage you to check in via the NHS app.
- Please do not attend this event if you are experiencing any symptoms commonly associated with Covid 19 or if you have been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive.
- We recommend that spectators wear a face covering when in crowded areas and when indoors.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the site and you should wash your hands regularly.
- All spectators are asked to be considerate around making space for those around them.
- Our courses are cashless, with the exception of the on course Bookmakers.
- You are no longer required to be seated to enjoy food and drink while on a racecourse, but it’s important to remember that it will be busier around the racecourse than we have been used to in recent times. While we appreciate that the majority will be enjoying this experience, we must be considerate that others might not have adjusted to these relaxing of restrictions in the same way.
ABOUT OLLY MURS
It’s still been a busy year for Olly, who recently captained England in this year's Soccer Aid, and is looking to retain his crown as winning judge on his third series of The Voice, which has currently been postponed at the semi final stages.
In lockdown, he also managed an impressive body transformation, working closely with personal trainer Rob Solly, and sharing his fitness routine exclusively with Men’s Health. He is also working on new music to be shared next year.