Moving on to white, rosé and red still wines, which always have a place at any table, here are my six to follow which I hope will bring you summer joy:
- Yalumba Y Series Viognier 2020, Eden Valley, Australia (£9.00 Co-op)
Famous producer of Viognier, which is so perfect for summertime with its peachy and apricot flavours.
- No 1 Foundation Cederberg Chenin Blanc 2020, South Africa (£9.99 Waitrose) Dry, refreshing with tropical and citrus fruit flavours. Great with fish and chips, vegetable dishes and salads.
- Bowler & Brolly English Rosé Cuvée 2020, Surrey, England (£8.99 Aldi)
Lovely vibrant rosé with summer fruits and crisp acidity.
- Château Léoube Love by Léoube Organic Rosé 2020, Provence, France (£15.99-£16.99 Ocado www.greatwine.co.uk) Classic, elegant and beautifully balanced.
- Castellore Rosso 2019, Terre di Chieti, Italy (£5.99 Aldi) Great value, packed with cherries, plums and with a brambly character. Great for grilled meats and sauces, perfect barbecue wine.
- Errazuriz Estate Series Merlot 2019, Chile (£9.00 Tesco) Soft red fruits, medium bodied with a smooth finish. A winner!
Whatever you’re drinking during the Cazoo Derby Festival don’t forget to get involved in our Derby At Home.
join in at home