Keep your feet on the ground, not in it!
Bad footwear choices can become more of a drain on your morale than bad betting choices at our winter racedays.
Choose something that is comfortable to wear and will keep your feet warm and dry. Wet feet are never fun!
Investec Derby Festival ambassadors for 2018, Vogue Williams and Frankie Bridge, are adamant that being comfortable is their main consideration when planning their raceday outfits.
Some tips for happy feet:
- For summer racing, select a shoe with an ankle straps to help with stability
- Pack a pair of heel stoppers to prevent you from sinking into the grass
- Heels three inches or below reduces stress to body
- Pack a pair of flat ‘commuter shoes’ to help with the walk into and out of the racecourse
- If you chose a wedge heel, go for a cork sole as it will have more cushioning than wood
- A classic court shoe in neutral tones works with all outfits. Black shoes can sometimes be too heavy
- Often, less is more