In 2022, our staff-selected, group-wide charity is the Alzheimer’s Society.
We have also worked for many years supporting the Barrie Well’s Trust (Box4Kids), who have brought thousands of children for race day experiences. We are about to embark on a new collaborative relationship with the Rio Ferdinand Foundation and of course, we also promote and assist our own industry charitable body, Racing Welfare.
Some Key Facts
- Over 7000 race day tickets were distributed to local charitable causes during the 2021/22 for fundraising purposes
- Approximately £150,000 was raised through bucket collections in 2021/22 at our racecourses.
- Each one of our racecourses host charitable lunches on race days where a total of around 8000 people were entertained in 2021/22
- Across the group there were flagship fundraising occasions that raised in excess of £200,000 on a single race day for individual charities
- Our larger courses all have formalised community engagements strategies, and staff dedicated as charity champions.
Our racecourses may be national, even international visitor attractions but we are proud to belong to our local community.