Throughout our summer break from racing, we have been searching for our new Cheltenham Racecourse Super Fan’s, and we’ve found them!
Throughout Summer 2019, we asked you to write in why you could be a Super Fan, and after many applicants, we found our four! The 2018-19 season saw our Super Fan’s enjoy a number of extraordinary moments, including:
- Hospitality at The Festival™ presented by Magners
- Interviews with RacingTV and ITV Racing
- Jockey meet and greets
- Interviews with The Core at The Festival
and much more
We wanted to celebrate how fantastic are racegoers are and how they’ve gone above and beyond to ensure they never miss a Festival, and their dedication to the world class sport.
We are pleased to introduce our new Super Fans for 2019-20:
- Jenny Westwood from Wolverhampton, who has been coming to Cheltenham Racecourse for the past 36 years, missing only two years in those 36 years
- James Townsend from Nottingham, who despite his wife about to give birth, he made it to The Festival on 11th March 2014, before returning to Hospital that evening
- Peter Freeman from Bedfordshire who turned 80 this year and also celebrated his 60th year of visiting Cheltenham Racecourse. Peter has witnessed some extraordinary moments throughout his visits to the course over the years
- Joe Thomas from Gloucestershire, who has been to The Festival every since he was just 13 years old. His love for Cheltenham has always trumped everything, including his deadlines for University!
Read the full article on our Super Fan’s here.
If you think you’ve got a Super Fan story, make sure you follow our social channels to find out when applications for the 2020-21 season opens!