racing behind closed doors
The Jockey Club is committed to providing a safe environment for all team members, contractors and visitors. To enable this any person visiting or working on a Jockey site will be asked to follow key control measures to protect everyone and control the spread of the virus.
We have appointed a Covid -19 Officer responsible for the management of the risk and mitigation planning, communicating information to everyone and ensuring the necessary standards are met which includes but not limited to:
- Training – all team members have received training in Coronavirus safety, all visitors will undertake an induction.
- Symptoms – no person with symptoms or living with a person who has symptoms attends site, screening of individuals prior to entry.
- Hand Hygiene – everyone has access to hand washing and hand sanitiser on entry and throughout the site.
- Social Distancing – maintaining a 2m separation distance between everyone using:
- follow any one way systems in place at the site and 2m markers
- using specific access times or access points
- stagger arrival and exit times
- reduce movement around site and any unnecessary activities
- breaks or briefings taken in well ventilated rooms or outdoors, ensuring social distancing is followed.
- Where Social Distancing can not be achieved:
- consider carrying out the activity in a different way to avoid close contact
- keep the activity time involved as short as possible
- use screens or barriers to separate people
- use back to back or side to side working instead of face to face
- reduce the number of people each person has contact with
- Cleaning – The Jockey Club will ensure regular and thorough cleaning and disinfection of the site, including the frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cough Etiquette/Respiratory Hygiene – remind all members of the team to practice good respiratory hygiene, following the Catch it, Bin it, Kill it campaign.
- Travel – any persons returning from abroad (except Ireland and France) should not attend site and quarantine for 14 days.
COVID-19 & PPE Use
- PPE will not be used as a substitute for other controls measures when protecting people from risk of being exposed to Coronavirus.
- The BHA and Jockey Club require PPE to be worn for specific roles or where it is not possible to maintain social distancing
- PPE should be used together with hand hygiene and social distancing measures to be effective.
- Training is given to all members of the team on how to use, put on and take off each specific item of PPE.