- Preheat the oven to 200C°/Gas mark 6
- Prepare the moulds
1. Butter 6 ramekins and sprinkle the insides with the sugar.
Make the pudding mixture
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together over a bain-marie.
3. In another bowl add the eggs, sugar and whisk until the mix goes a light cream colour. Add the chocolate mix to the egg mix and then add the flour.
4. With a big spoon fold the ingredients together until they are incorporated.
5. Equally divide the mixture into the ramekins.
Cook the puddings
6. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes - the centres should still be runny.
Prepare the cream and garnish
7. Whilst your fondants are in the oven cooking add your cream to a bowl and whip to your desired thickest.
Assemble and serve
8. Take the fondants out of the oven and leave to rest for a minute or so before serving. Place the fondant on a plate add a nice dollop of cream (if you want to jazz it up shake some icing sugar on top for garnish).
Chefs note – this may take a couple of attempts to get right as it is dependent on the type of oven used and the size and shape of the ramekins. This could easily be served with a hot sauce such as crème anglaise or butterscotch.