Please read our below our information for Owners.
For any further information, please contact the Racecourse by emailing Cheltenham.Owners@thejockeyclub.co.uk.
Please note we no longer have an Owners’ & Trainers’ desk at the Hall of Fame. All tickets and badges for those with runners will be issued from the North Entrance Owners’ & Trainers’ Reception.
Following on from the success of the online booking system put in place last year to help us comply with the COVID-19 track and trace protocols last season, we will no longer be posting out tickets and badges as we did pre pandemic. Instead Owners will be invited to book using the booking line link that will be sent by email, initially at the six day entry stage with a hard copy of this information also being sent along with two car labels in the post.
At the declaration stage, Owners will receive another communication by e-mail which will again include the on-line booking link which goes live after declarations have closed. As before, owners will be offered six complimentary tickets and badges plus four complimentary 3 course lunches which can be booked either in the Tattersalls Pavilion or the Owners & Trainers’ Bistro on Level 2 Princess Royal Stand.
The ticket/badge allocation for Syndicates is increased to eight.
Trainers who are members of the NTF will gain access into the racecourse with their metal NTF badge and won’t need to collect a ticket or badge from the Owners desk. Those with runners who aren’t members of the NTF can collect two tickets and badges from the Owners’ & Trainers’ desk at the North Entrance on arrival.
Those with runners will be offered two complimentary lunches which can be taken in either the Tattersalls Pavilion, situated below the Parade Ring or in the Owners’ & Trainers’ Bistro on Level 2 Princess Royal Stand. Trainers with entries at the 6 day stage will be invited to book their lunches via a Trainers link on the on-line booking system. The link will be included with race day information e-mailed after entries have closed and will become live after declarations have closed.
As requested of owners, to assist with our management of expected numbers, please make your booking by 4pm the day before the race, after which the booking line will be closed.
If you have any queries or need further help with organising your day please get in touch with our Owners & Trainers team by either e-mailing Cheltenham.email@example.com or you can phone +44 (0)1242 537602 and they will be happy to help.
Owners of winning horses will be invited to celebrate with a glass of champagne in the Hospitality Suite adjoining the Weighing Room and take home any awarded Trophy.
For The Showcase a complimentary TV in a card of the race and photograph of the winning horse will be posted, but from The November Meeting we hope to offer both of these to take home on the day.
Owners of horses down to 4th place will be invited to celebrate with a glass of champagne and watch a replay of their race. If anyone so wishes, additional copies and placed horse images can be purchased from our Official Partner, Raceday Photos.
In addition, we are trialing emailing a picture of the owners horse in the Parade Ring on request. You will be asked to supply an email address for this at declarations stage via the badge and lunch request form (more information to follow).
If you require accommodation near the racecourse, click here to visit our recommended hotels.
The dress code for Owners' and Trainers' attending a raceday at Cheltenham Racecourse is smart casual. We also recommend you dress for the weather.
Please be aware that we do not permit children under the age of 12 into The Parade Ring or Winner’s Enclosure. We apologise if this causes an inconvenience however, for health and safety reasons, all our visitors – horses and human – is of paramount importance to us and The Parade Ring can be a particularly dangerous area.
We thank you in advance for your co-operation.
In line with the British Horseracing Authority and Public Health England’s guidance as current rates in Gloucestershire are considerably higher than the National average, Racing continues to recommend the use of Covid-19 mitigations to keep racegoers and participants safe.
All owners and trainers are recommended to observe the following measures:
• Be Covid-19 double vaccinated and any booster when offered, depending on personal circumstances, and undertake a Lateral Flow Test twice weekly in advance of the event and 24 hours prior to arriving on site to identify positive cases. We then recommend testing twice weekly post event. It is important that all tests are reported on the NHS app, as per Government guidance
• Wear face coverings in enclosed and crowded areas – there will be additional facemasks available on the entrance to the racecourse but we recommend you bring your own
• Wash hands regularly – there will also be hand sanitising stations around the racecourse on the day and we recommend you use them frequently
• Observe social distancing where practicable and enjoy the vast amounts of space around the racecourse and avoid congregating in busy areas
• If you feel you may be experiencing any of the recognised symptoms of Covid-19 while on site, please put on a face covering and speak to a member of staff in a well ventilated area. It is best to travel home if it is safe to do so.
• Please do not to attend if you are feeling unwell or are self-isolating